Chapter 6

Soon after the whole explosion scenario, paramedics had arrived to help people who were involved in the explosion.

One paramedic was able to help Leon, Kylee and Therese. The glass that was shattered by the falling news vehicle had caused minor wounds on Kylee's face. Therese had a concussion on her head and the force of impact of Kylee's head to Leon's chest caused one of his ribs to snap.

The paramedic grabbed Leon and laid him on the ground. He did the same with Kylee and Therese. Other paramedics went after the thugs and but every single one except for Pablo and... Malcolm were dead. Malcolm was alright since the bullet went through his right shoulder. Quinton on the hand, was dead. The bullet went through his right lung shattering most of his bronchus.

After an hour Leon woke up but he wasn't on the ground, he was on a gurney that was put aside the road as well as other people. He woke up and felt a pain somewhere. Not his arm but in his chest. That's when a  approached him to make sure he was okay.

KEITH
Oh good you're awake. Are you okay little dude?

Keith was the name of the paramedic that helped him.

LEON
I don't think so. I feel a sort of pain every time I breathe in.

KEITH
Oh, you must have a broken rib bone.

“Great. Another broken bone in my body.” Leon thought.

KEITH
Okay, tell me where you're feeling pain. (He asked as Leon pointed to the bottom right of his chest.) Alright then. Just lie down and I'll to get something that'll help. (He said, as Leon laid back down and went to get something.

Other people were awake too including Kylee, Therese, Pablo and Malcolm. Leo saw Pablo, who was in handcuffs and dragged to the cop car. Then Kylee came to Leon.

KYLEE
Leon! You're awake! (She squealed, as she hugged him, much to his pain.)

LEON
Ow. Ow. Ow. (He said, as Kylee let go of him.)

KYLEE
Oh sorry. Did I hug you too tight?

LEON
No. It's just that... I have a broken rib.

KYLEE
Oh no. Are you okay?

LEON
Yeah. It just hurts when I take a deep breath.

KYLEE
Look Leon, I have some good news and some bad news.

LEON
What's the good news?

KYLEE
The good news is that your dad isn't dead. He was just taken to the hospital right now to get healed.

LEON
Okay. What's the bad news? (He asked hesitantly.)

KYLEE
The bad news is... Quinton is dead. (She whimpered at the last phrase.)

LEON
Huh?

KYLEE
Quinton's gone. They said the bullet went in his right lung and... I'm sorry.

Leon began to cry. He couldn't believe that his best friend sacrificed his life for him. Kylee hugged him for emotional support. Then the paramedic came back with a ribcage cast.

KEITH
Little dude. What's wrong?

LEON
My best friend is... Is... He's dead and -

KEITH
(He grabbed his shoulders.) Listen little dude. I know what you are going through. When my dad died, it felt like my life shattered into pieces. You really loved your friend right?