The things you do

Sitting in between Yassop and Benn Gear calmly sips her drink while the men around them go completely ham with the sake, beer and liquors. After the situation has calmed down she feels comfortable again and laughs along, giving her fair share of witty comments. "Have you seen Luffy recently?", Lucky Too asks her while chewing and she nods with a grin. "Me, Sabo and Ace had to visit our little brother of course. I was honestly surprised he let me go again, judging by the way he clung to us all.", she grins. "Maybe I should just grab all three of them and just.. hide them away forever. They really are too precious for this world. How I wish they were all babies again. Not that they were any less trouble but at least I was able to fit them all into my bed for cuddling...", she sighs softly, a happy smile on her lips. "Sounds like you need some kids of your own." "Yeah. And some poor guy will then need a very very gruesome death courtesy of my brothers, dad and grandpa.", Gear laughs, throwing her head back at the thought. "No doubt every revolutionary, Marine, Whitebeard and strawhat would be after his head." She laughs so hard she even tips off the log she had been sitting on, tears in her eyes from laughing so hard as she imagined how her grandfather would react.
"And you think that Kid pirate can take them?", Benn asks. "Killer is pretty strong and knows his boundaries. If he didn't think he could manage he wouldn't have asked me.", Gear shrugs. "His Captain lost against me.. how do you expect.." "Shanks... That's completely different. My little brothers I can handle with a few hugs. Luffy likes Kid anyways. Whitebeard will probably only threaten him. Dad will back off if he sees me happy and Grandpa... Well with him I'd have to deal with when it happens." The redhead scoffs. "How is it different?" "You were an angry, provoked Yonko versus a cocky young guy with large plans.", Gear shrugs and he grumbles, drunkenly before dropping his head into her lap. "Why do you even like those brats?!" "They are sweet when they want to be. They are ambitious and tight knit and courageous and strong. Kid is actually a very kind person, although he has learned painfully not to show it. Killer has been through a lot but he still remains level headed and he takes care of everyone in board. Heat is really quiet and may be a bit intimidating on first glance but he is actually one hell of a shy romantic guy  with a knack for reading and poetry and Wire.. Wire is loyal and good natured with lots of humour, a bit too loose of a tongue and a mild gambling addiction which makes him really fun to be around. I could tell you something positive about all of them but we'd be here for hours. They just make me feel comfortable and at home. Just like you bunch do... Usually.. and just like my actual family does." She sighs softly, running her fingers through his red hair. "There are many reasons to like them. You are just biased. Rightfully so but.. just because you don't like them doesn't mean I have to hate them as well.." He sighs, closing his eyes. "I'm tired." Smiling Gear shakes her head. "Then sleep. But don't spill the sake you still have over me." Shanks quickly downs the rest of it, closing his eyes again and leaning a bit further into her. Gear simply goes back to run her fingers through his hair while continuing to drink her drink and join into the conversations. She knows fully well that the redhead in her lap is just dozing, not fully sleeping. But she also knows she doesn't have the heart to push him away. This one last chance she had promised him and herself.
'The things you do to my heart, you idiot..', she thinks to herself as she glances down at him for a moment.
'Why do you make it so hard for me to love you? Things could have been so easy for us but every time I try to come closer you push me away and when I try to leave you pull me back. You are hurting me, idiot. You are hurting me.'
The morning turns into noon and afternoon until the redhead in her lap stirs. Around noon he had actually fallen asleep.

Shanks slowly wakes up, glancing around until he finds himself glancing up at the very woman he had known for most of his life. He found his position rather comfortable, the silky fabric of her black dress and her thigh make a nice pillow. He is close enough to smell her scent. Like fresh, cold air after rain, metal, oil and now.. like sake. The warmth of her body is not something to go unappreciated either, yet it bothers him to no end that someone was getting this close to her. "Finally awake?" Her fingers leave his hair and he finds himself groaning, wanting her to continue massaging his scalp that way. He loved the way it feels. "Yeah." His crew offers him a beer and who was he to say no to beer? Immediately joining back in on the drinking. Yet he doesn't really leave his spot, dropping his head against her thigh again. He smiles to himself. That Rookie still had much to learn.

The Bastards [Shanks]✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara