Home

Shanks paces up and down on the beach while his men nervously stare up into the clouded sky. Hours had passed.
Then there is a soft noise, like a whistling, quickly coming closer. They all look around when a crash gains their attention.. one of the palm trees close to them has collapsed and on the stump sits the very person they had been waiting for. She looks freshly showered and just, aside from a few bruises, completely unharmed. "Hello there, strangers. How are you doing?" "What on earth happened?!", Shanks barks, hurrying over to her as she gets onto her feet, wrapping her arms around his neck with a smile. "My lovely band of idiots got themselves in a pickle with Kaido... Kid almost got himself killed. I arrived just in time to get them the hell out of there and kill the Bastard." She shrugs. "You what?" "I killed Kaido. He is dead." They all stare at her. "How?!" "Well.. I first set sight in his thick skull but that got boring after a few blows so I just began to beat in his ribcage until his lungs and heart were penetrated by the broken bones and offed him. Then I threw him into the sea and sharks and sea kings began to make a feast of him so.." Shanks just gapes at his girlfriend who is snickers before cupping his face and pressing her lips to his. "I'm sorry for worrying you.. but as you see I'm perfectly fine." He sighs softly, leaning into the kiss while his crew loudly wolfwhistles or cheers, smiling ever so slightly. "Don't you ever do that again." "No promises. If it's Ace, Luffy or Sabo I'm gone before you can even blink, love." He grits his teeth before smirking. "You'll regret even thinking that when I'm done." She laughs, hugging him tightly to her. "Maybe you are setting the standards too high for yourself.", she whispers into his ear. Grumbling he tightening  his hold on her. "Don't get too cocky..", he grumbles. "But provoking you might work out in my favour." He chuckles. All this was on purpose!
"Let's drink!!", he yells out and the men all quickly cheer, bringing out the alcoholic beverages. He pulls her with him and tugs her into his lap where she stays without a complaint, laughing along and drinking her share. It was clear as day that there was a connection between those two. One that had always been there, yet it had somehow evolved.
"Cat?" "Hm?" She turns to look at the man with those sharp, glowing eyes. "Yes?" "Since when did you like him?" She grins. "Actually.. I first had a little childhood crush on him when we first met but it didn't matter since I had all my attention set on raising Ace who was just a little troublemaker, then Sabo and Luffy came along and I was reminded of his existence by Luffy who told me who saved him from a sea king. It flared up again when we met for the second time when I made him his arm prosthetic as a thank you for saving my little brother... So yeah. Ever since then I had tried to tell him but.." the rest is just a bunch of muffled mumbling, seeing as Shanks has clutched his hand over her lips. "That stays our little secret." Ripping free she quickly repeats the last part "but he always ran away before I could and it took me telling him I'm considering dating someone else for him to grow a pair and actually talk to me only to find out that yes.. indeed I have been running after his idiotic self for years." Shanks grumbles, pulling her back into her old position. "You'll pay for that." Both Mihawk and Catlyn snicker, same as the entire crew. "Try me."
He leans close to her. "It may have taken me a while but you'll never be able to get rid of me again." Sighing Catlyn shakes her head before cupping his face and pressing her lips to his. "I never said I wanted to. I just want a right to be bitter about not being able to kiss you like this until now." The man's face is flushed while Mihawk smiles to himself and the Redhair pirates whistle loudly, cheering them on. Dropping his head against her chest he just enjoys the feeling of her messing with his hair and listening to her heartbeat. "You aren't wearing your prosthetic again." "Let's make a deal." "I'm listening..." "You'll marry me and join my crew and I'll wear the damn prosthetic." She blinks. "Did you just.. propose to me?" He laughs and nods. "Mmmaybe.. I'm not getting younger and we wasted too many years already so.. why not skip a few steps." "My grandpa will kill you.", she giggles and he shrugs. "He can try." "I'll marry you. And I'd love to join your crew.. but.." He looks up at her. "When duty calls I'll go where it calls me." "As long as I get to call you my wife.. I'll be fine."