Chapter 3

☯Zayn's Pov☯
"Wanna another one?" I hear a voice say. "Yeah toss it over." I reply. This was my seventh drink and it felt good mixed in with the marijuana. After a took a sip, I put the homemade cigarette back in my mouth. This was my life every day. Smoking, drinking, stealing, and hiding from other gangs. "Aight here it is. Two of our guys were beat up by the gang in the other neighborhood. We're going over there tonight. They're fine, but that gang won't get away with it." Louis says. I know what gang he's talking about. The leader, Harry has always had it out for me, and to be honest, I wouldn't mind pointing a gun into his face. He's so self centered and thinks he can do whatever he wants. I finish off my drink and smoke my treats and silently head home. "See you guys." I say. "Aye man, you're going out alone?" Louis says. "Yeah I'll be fine." I say clenching my tongue piercing in my teeth. Hand on my gun, I walk out into the open and start home. I'm aware of my surroundings as I pull my hoodie over my head. Stupid idea, I know. I hear a noise and quickly turn. It's a car, so I quickly run into the nearest bush. When I realize it's just a stupid family I come back out. Sure, I'm in a gang. Really I should have just shot them, but I'm not like that. I only shoot if I have to. I carry on and soon I'm home. My house is barely a house. My dad is in jail in relation to drugs and property damage. My mom, she wants nothing to do with me. That's why I joined the gang. Louis is my best friend, and when a nigga tries to mess with him, we roast em. As soon as I get to the house, I'm so wasted I puke in the doorway. Oops. Might as well get some rest since I'm going to the other neighborhood. You can't shoot a man if you can't pick up a gun.

☯Meg's Pov☯
"This is our house." my dad says excitedly. Honestly he's just covering up the fact that we're in the worst part of Los Angeles. I'm surprised we got to our house safely. The house is made of wood and it looks old. I don't understand why we came here. We unpack our things in the house and get inside quickly. "Dad, I have a question." I say sitting down. He sits down beside me. "What is it?" he asks. "Why the hell did we move here? It's a dump, and I'm surprised no one shot at our car rolling through this part of town." I said. "Trust me Meg. We moved here for a reason. It's a long story, but you have to trust me." he replies. I sigh getting off the couch and going into what's going to be my room. I grab my wallet and my dad's car keys and head out into the city. Stupid idea, right? Well at this point I didn't really care. I thought if my life was gonna change, I could welcome the oppurtunity. I headed to the nearest clothes store. I bought a lot of black. I've always wanted to do this. Then I headed to the nearest tatoo parlor. One belly button piercing and multiple ear piercings were put into my skin. After that, I headed home. "Woah, what's up with you? We did not give you permission to do that!" my mom cries when I walk through the door. "It's the least you can do. I'm just trying to fit in." I say with a smirk on my face. My mom rolls her eyes. "You're first day of school is tomorrow." she says. Oh dang. Kinda forgot about school. I unpack boxes in my room for the rest of the day, and fall asleep on my mattress at 9:00 again.

☯Zayn's Pov☯
I hate school. All the boys from the other neighborhoods are there, and fights break out everyday. Today won't be a good day since we went to the other neighborhood last night. We got them good too. Beat their asses that's what we did. Me and Louis roasted two guys. Man they almost passed out. I have to say, it was some much needed action. I enjoyed it. I wait for the bus, with my head down. My gun in one pocket, a knife in the other. We don't usually pull it out at school, but you always need it for the streets. The bus rolls down the street and I hop on. It's a long ride but I get a break and listen to music on my phone. Then, I get to school.

☯Meg's Pov☯
As soon as I walk into school, I'm not surprised to see a fight breaking out. The two boys were punching each other, and screams were heard from other kids encouraging the situation. Teachers ran out from the nearest classrooms and broke up the fight. The nearest one to me, had blackish hair with a streak of blonde. His eyes were brown and his eyelashes were beautiful. His hands were bloody, and under his eye it was already swelling. He had his tongue ring in between his teeth and he looked preoccupied trying to fight the guy on the other side but the teachers dragged them away. "Don't let me catch you on the streets!" the other guy yelled out. The guy nearest to me took one last look over there, and made eye contact with me. He looked me up and down before being dragged away by the teacher. Once that was over, I went to my first class. "Aye girl, you new here?" someone said. I turned. A guy walked up to me. He had blonde hair and blue eyes. His smile was beautiful. He had piercings up and down his ears and everywhere else as well. He was wearing black pants along with a black shirt and a leather jacket. "Yeah, I am." I say. "Cool, you look cool." he says staring me up and down. "Thanks." I say. I guess my new style was working out. Today I wore black pants with a black crop top, and I put on a lot of eyeliner. My blonde hair was pulled back into a messy bun. I turn to walk away and he grabs my arm and pulls me back. "Meet me outside the school this afternoon." he whispers. I pull my arm away and nod before walking into the classroom.

☯Niall's Pov☯
I'm at school and I see this new girl. She fits in here perfectly and she's super hot. "Meet me outside the school this afternoon." I say, and she nods and gets to her class. I walk on to mine. "Aye man." Harry says. "Ayee." I reply. "Man, I hate that Zayn kid. He and his group came last night to our part of town. I honestly wanna put a bullet in his head." Harry says. "Yeah." I say. "Not tonight, but tomorrow." Harry says before sitting down in his seat. "Aight." I say. Class couldn't go by any slower since the guidance counselor came in and started talking about drugs. The whole class already does drugs, so there's no stopping us. After class, I text Zayn. *Yo man meet me after school I gotta tell you something* I say. I immediatly get a text back. *Aight*

☯Zayn's Pov☯
Niall is in the other gang but he's been my brother since day 1. He tells me a lot even though if his group ever figured out, he'd be killed for breaking rules. I meet him after school and he's got a girl with him. She looks bored, but when she sees me she looks up. "You got in that fight today." she says. "Yeah it was no big deal." I say. Niall shakes his head. "Yeah man, well you might wanna go into hiding for the next couple days. Harry wants to put a bullet in your head and he's planning to do just that tomorrow." Niall says. "Oh." I say. "Well okay, who's this?" I ask. "New girl. She's hanging out with me tonight." Niall says putting his arm around her. She stares at me and I flash her a smile of mine. "Maybe we can meet up sometime." she says. She looks at Niall and adds "As friends." I nod and we part ways. I head home.