May I have this dance?

Online school is so stressful because they have moved my school onto another platform and it's not fun :(

——

You were sat alone at the Yule ball. All your friends had been asked to the dance and you hadn't so you were all alone in the corner.

'I might leave soon this is boring.' You sulk.

You finish your drink and get your things to head back to your dorm room to sleep.

"Y/n? Where are you going?" Your best friend Harry asks.

"I'm going back to my common room, this night hasn't been amazing." You sigh.

"Well maybe we could dance for a bit, I really want you to stay!" He smiles.

"Fine, one dance." You smile.

Harry holds out his hand for you to take and you reach out to hold his hand. He leads you to the dance floor and puts his arms around your waist and you put your arms around his neck.

"Having fun yet?" He asks.

"The night has certainly got better." You smile.

Draco Pov.

Why does she have to be with Potter? Why did he have to steal her from me? Even though she probably hates me.

"Draco!" Pansy shouts.

"What?"

"Are you going to ask me to dance or not?"

"No."

Pansy huffs and storms out the hall. Draco sighs and watches you smile and laugh. He has always loved your  laugh.

Your pov.

"Potter!"

Harry lets go of you to turn around. You see Draco with his arms crossed.

"May I steal Y/n from you for a bit." He says.

Harry seemed surprised and so did you. Not in a million years had Malfoy been this calm to Harry.

"Sure I guess, I'll see you around Y/n." Harry smiles and walks off.

"May I have this Dance?" Draco smiles.

"Sure." You smile back.

He takes you by the hand and pulls you into him. You arm your arms around his neck and he wraps his arms around your waist.

You look really pretty tonight." Draco says.

You smile.

"You don't look too bad yourself." You say.

You take a deep breath.

"Draco, I want to tell you something. It's okay if you don't want to be friends anymore after I tell you this." You say.

"I'll always be friends with you Y/n. You can tell me." He says.

"I-I've liked you since first year." You say.

"W-what?"

"Y-yeah, I still like you now." You stutter and pull away from Draco. He keeps his arms around you.

"I've liked you since first year too Y/n." Draco smiles and leans down to peck your lips. You smile and kiss him back.

"Merry Christmas Y/n."

"Merry Christmas Draco."

——

and it's still June, it's ages till Christmas oof