2. Lascivious

"Eyes like glowing embers,

Perishing her sanity."

...

"You know you're so sooo pretty," he slurred moving closer to me. His breath reeked of alcohol and weed, so much that it made me nauseous. "Let me claim your innocence, kitten," he continued inching closer to me. His words were filling me with nothing but disgust. I had come to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. An extremely bad idea. Now, all I wanted was to get the fuck out of here. This man was drunk out of his brains; at this moment he was dangerous and I was unarmed. I needed to leave for my own good but his burly figure hindered my movement, blocking my way.

"Don't trynna fuck around my house, Jakob!" mother shouted from behind.

Turning around, he chuckled at her. "I was just telling her how beautiful she is. I would pay good for her." His wolfish eyes, once again, turned to me, lust seeping down them.

"You wanna fuck that twat!" her face contorted bitterly, giving me the spiteful look, that she had imparted me with, all my life.

What is she doing? Although she had never loved me she couldn't do this to me! Why isn't she throwing this man out of her house, already? Can't she see that he's trying to abuse her daughter? HER DAUGHTER?!

"Ah, she's such a sexy little kitten," he stated, caressing my cheeks, causing me to retreat in fear.

"Mum, please do something!" I pleaded.

He smirked at my reaction. "Don't be scared, kitten. How much do you want for her, Linda? 50? 100?" Jakob asked, gripping my jaws. I desperately looked at my mother for help but all I could see were her greedy eyes contemplating the offer. Realising that I was hitting a dead-end, I felt the need to take immediate actions, to save myself. So, I pushed him with all my might. His drunken form swayed a little from the push and taking advantage of the moment I dashed. I dashed past him, past my mum, out of that bloody house.

I ran and ran until cramps started pricking my skin. Falling helplessly on the pitch, my eyes desperately searched for some escape. Escape from all this. I wanted to disappear from the face of the earth. I did not want to exist. The terrible dark fog started blurring my vision and once again the world started closing in on me.

***

Pain. Pain was all I could feel as I jolted out of the nightmare. My whole body, especially my head, ached. Pressing a hand on my forehead, my thumb started massaging my temple.

"Is the headache too bad?" a deep masculine voice startled me. Shifting my gaze I encountered those same pair of hazel orbs, the ones that saved me, standing in the doorway of the room I was in, which looked like an adjoin of some seven-star hotel. He—

OH, GOD! IS IT HIM?

My mind iterated. Scanning him from head to toe, I gasped.

The man who rescued me was none other than Álvaro Martín Sánchez! CEO of the Sánchez Corporation. One of the youngest billionaire in the country. The Einstein of modern-day business!

"You can close your mouth, miss...unless you want it to be filled in," he said catching me off-guard. I stared at him with incredulity.

What?! Did he try to insinuate what I'm thinking he's trying to insinuate? Or is it all in my head? Am I making any sense?

This was an out of the ordinary situation. It made me doubt the truth of it all.

Am I still dreaming? Is this some dream inside a dream?