~~ Harsh Truths ~~

The sad fact of the matter is there's a fifty percent chance that your marriage will be a success—that's a fifty percent chance that you'll get your Happily Ever After.

Doesn't it just leave you with a bittersweet taste in your mouth?

And that leads me into a question. Who dreamt up the crazy phrase Happily Ever After?

It implies that you're going to be happy forever, and that's how it's supposed to be—Right?

And it doesn't stop there. Before we're old enough to understand—Our heads are filled with fairy-tales, hopes, and dreams. It's rammed down our throats from the moment we can walk, talk from books, movies, and all those teen magazines. Hell, even our parents!

You know the ones.

Love at first sight...

Or my favourite... Boy meets girl. They fall in love and live Happily Ever After!

Yeah, no doubt you've heard all that BS—and believed it?

Well, real life ain't like that.

Real life teases you with the Happy Ever After fantasy and then viciously rips out your beating heart, crushing it underfoot—before sprinting in the opposite direction... and in her case the heart-crusher, destroyer of dreams and hopes was her husband, my brother.

So there you have it, the harsh truth, and I'd always been realistic - but what if there could be a Happy Ever After?

And for the first time in my life I wanted to believe—I wanted her.