A Start of Adventures

"Are you sure about this......you willingly to take the risk?"With sweaty palms,Changle held tight on the sliky piece of fabric,tracing her fingers along the lines of the  beautifu carnation embroidery and stared down nervously.She was'nt sure if it was a good idea.Sure,she had been very determined at first,but she never knew what implications she was getting into,not until now.The quirky looking machine,with proturding wires and coils,wrapped in many layer of heavy metal,contained a single wooden chair inside.Cherry blossoms etched on the side of the  handrails and sakura blossoms carved at the leather cushion,it was as if it was brought to life.ChangLe had been so nervous that she had not smelled the sweet scent,now filling the atmosphere,making her light-headed.Is that sakura?No,it cant be!It usually smelled like..melted....metal....in ...his lab..Following the faint,sweet smell,she trudged unknowingly into the "Time Machine 101"as what Prof.Arigun had introduced it by.Feeling her senses awaken,she sat on the soft chair,melting into the structure of it as the doors closed.She could'nt bother anymore.She trusted Prof.Arigun,and she always will.The next second,darkness melted over her as the air in the machine became thinner and thinner.Subconsciously,she tried her best to gasp for any air available in the tight space,but to no avail."Trust him...Trust him..Trust him!"ChangLe chanted repeatedly,feeling darkness overwhealming her once more,hacking and coughing as she was brought away,a ray of light glimmering  through a hole as if a rememberance of her past home.

"Miss!Miss Weiyoung!Where are you?"a middle-aged woman cried out,breaking the slience from the comforts of her "shelters"."You going to be late!Lord Fuyan would not be happy with me!"ChangLe heard the same voice crying out again,a little bit more desperately this time.An uneasiness settled in her heart as she pryed open the heavy doors of the machine.Did it work?Where am I?ChangLe opened her eyes and gasped.The scenery in front of her opened up like  the beautiful potraits of ancient China she had seen online and in museums.The palace had high rooft tiles and beautiful vines creeping up the tall walls,as if confining the ones in it forever.The palace gates were wide opened as beautiful yong ladies started appearing one by one in horse carriages,all wearing the finest satin slik dresses she had ever seen.ChangLe gasped in surprise as she felt someone grip her hand anxiously and pulled her towards the line of young ladies,probably the daughters of officials and businness mans to attend the selection,in hopes of  entering the palace.ChangLe knew that their fates had been long sealed,destinied to enter the palace and to be trapped like a bird in the cage within the thick four walls,forever losing their true selves.Some would struggle for more power,to the extend of hurting others in the royal harem with despicable means,others to be lucky and favoured for a period of time and others who would live a hard life,alone or framed by the higher- ranks.The royal harem was a dangerous place,and ChangLe knew it well.