The Selection

Strutting in through the entrance as elegantly as possible,Changle tried to take in the sights and reality of her new life.Young ladies chattered as a fierce looking middle-aged woman with beautiful sharp feautures whom Changle knew as "moumou",the educator of the ladies in selection treid to rein them in.And now she was one of them.Great."GET IN LINE NOW,MAKE HER WAIT AND ITS OFF YOU GO!"the screamy-head,a new nickname she gave her shouted hysterically as the petite ladies cringed in fear,tumbling in line. Chang le sighed as she followed their actions and tried to cotain her composture.I need to go into the harem.she thought.Its what she had been living for.The white...scroll.

It was going to be harder than I thought,she mumbled as she fiddled with the edge trim of her bodice.She had never expected it to be so hectic as a selection lady.Embroidery,Dancing,Singing,and even how to....never mind.It pained her mind just to list down the thousands, litreally THOUSANDS of skills and etiquette to learn. She glanced around the pavilion that was supposedly the "classroom" for the selction ladies and begun day-dreaming.The mere thought of being a wife to the great emperor scared her ass off and she really didnt know why she had made that horrible choice in the first place.Yes...i might be already 25 and of marriage age,but the harem was no place for a happy ever after,she thought ,adding to the heavy load on her shoulders.Besides,why would she wanna share a husband with,who know,hundreds of other beautiful seductive wives?! Chang le was very insecure about her beauty too.I just looked like a plain jane next to them with my dry black hair and average features with normal black eyes.I didnt have "lips are red as roses"and not to mention "skin as fair as snow",and she continued,daydreaming as she stared at the rosy hue clouds,soft as cotton candy.Oh,how she would live for some candy.The bodice with a satin silk wrapped tightly around her waist was starting to squeeze all the life out of her,despite it making her look pretty.She even decided to add a detail of a flower imprint on her forehead instead of caking herself in loads of makeup.

She even decided to add a detail of a flower imprint on her forehead instead of caking herself in loads of makeup

A great beauty,Lee Chang le,a fashion designer in the modern era,a selection lady in the tang dynasty.

Compared to the other ladies,she knew she stood no chance to them wearing that simple dress while other wore sligtly extravagant dresses made out of the finest silk,adorned with many detailed headpieces and pins on their silky long hair styled up,makeup caking thier pouty faces and lips red as an apple.Especially one,who stood out the most in a blood red silk dress with flowers sewn all over it,her compusure tall,her skin smooth.Even i,a woman,thought that they were glamourous,needless to say the emperor,Chang le smirked in amusement.

Even i,a woman,thought that they were glamourous,needless to say the emperor,Chang le smirked in amusement