The Weird Encounter

Ever since the incident with Yu Zhu,word had spread out between the servants of the imperial palace that the formidable and brave Chang le was not only beautiful,but also quick-thinking.Had the higher ranking ladies heard about it?Chang le hoped not.It would mean a big obstacle for her pursuit of getting selected.Jealousy from the ladies were just going to act as another one of her many problems of her list.The good thing however,Nian had sent Chang le a beatiful dance costume by her personal tailor ,who was said to be so skillful and famous that many kingdoms wanted him as an asset,but landed under Nian's wing when the Emperor gifted her the tailor's services with a price of 100,000 taels on her birthday.Even since,the tailor had been making stunning outfits that were so perfect and gorgeous that even the Emperess herself asked to borrow his services.

And now,Chang le had been granted this honour.Why had the Nian do it?Maybe out of pity?Bore?She run through the delicate lace of the skirt as her hand travelled down the sea of pearls sewn on the train of the beautiful pink dress.Never would she have imagined in touching one,much less own one!A creation of the tailors' would have cost her billions in the modern world when his dresses had been found in an abandoned secret passage way of the old forbidden city,where he had last served before dying of old age.No way!,thought Chang le as she gushed excitedly,ignoring the envy from the maidens around her that was soon going to suffocate her.

Chang le knew that it would be a good opportunity to shine during the dance banquet this week which would be held in honour of the Emperor's birthday

Chang le knew that it would be a good opportunity to shine during the dance banquet this week which would be held in honour of the Emperor's birthday.The selection ladies would each be given the chance to dance and perform in front of those living in the imperial palace and the selected beauty would be given a special gift and ranked as "Mei Ren"(Beauty).However,she felt abit hesitant as she laid her heavy head on the soft sily fabric,wondering of standing out was too much....Oh well,we shall have to see,Chang le hummed a happy tune as she tucked the dress preciously into her arms and carried it away back to her room.

When she had gotten back to her room, Chang le placed her precious treasure in a chest under her bed and only heaved a sigh of relieve when she ensured that no one saw her.It would be a good piece of research for her upcoming design trend in the modern world.Only if she knew how to get back.Never mind that,Chang le sighed as she locked the doors and begun to start undressing herself until the layer of her sheer white lace nightgown.

Never mind that,Chang le sighed as she locked the doors and begun to start undressing herself until the layer of her sheer white lace nightgown

She was tired,and her duties of the day had been done.Scrubbing and dusting were never meant for her delicate and skillful hands anyway.Just then,just through the wooden windows of her small room,she could see a man,handsome and young,(and incredibly fit)staring at her with cold eyes,but his mouth revealed his horror."HOW DARE YOU!"Chang le screamed her lungs out as she grabbed the nearest object,her pillow,and threw it as hard as she could at the man,who skillfully launched backwards and grabbed it with such accuracy that Chang le frozed.Who was he?An imperial guard?She continued to stay rooted to the ground as she fixated her stance into defence mode.The man said nothing,but she could see that his lips formed a tight smile,but a smile nevertheless.And just like that,he left as quickly as he came."Just my luck!"Chang le almost shouted before slamming the wooden doors tightly,leaving no opne gap as she quickly brushed off the negative thoughts and pretended that nothing had happened.She was too tired to think of anything else.Cotton....candy..