sight for sore eyes

[originally written; monday , june 8 , 7:47.]
-
"let's fall in love for the night
and forget in the morning
play me a song that you like you can bet i'll know every line"
-lets fall in love for the night; FINNEAS
___________________________________

scanning my eyes across the crowded room, i shove my fingers through my light brown hair, hearing drunk laughs and slurred words from every direction.

you see, im not normally they party type, at least i wouldn't consider myself a party girl. i just go whenever i feel like.
and tonight was one of those nights.

tucking my hair behind my ear, i lift myself from the couch making my way to the kitchen, tonight has been very uneventful.
i need a drink.

i shove my phone into my back pocket, as i enter the kitchen, the whole room was engulfed in either high, or drunk teenagers making out, smoking, or chugging a bottle of alcohol that was once full.

after i had gotten my drink, i began walking back to where i was first sitting, on the couch that i was sitting in basically the whole time i had been there, although, to my surprise, another person was in my seat.

a girl was placed on the couch, staring at a notebook that had appeared blank, her eyes were seeming fixated on the white paper.

she looked up at me, her pale blue eyes scanning over my facial features as mine did hers, she had full pink lips, slightly pale skin, and jet black hair,
she was, for sure; a sight for sore eyes.

"hello? am i in your way," she speaks up, her voice was low and raspy, sounding almost like an angel who talked a lot.

"oh, no. you're not, im sorry for bothering you." i respond, apologizing to the mesmerizing stranger as she shot me a smile.

"nonsense, you're not bothering me, i haven't had someone to talk to in a couple hours. would you wanna step out side and smoke?" she asked, catching me a bit off guard.

she shoved her hands in her hoodie pockets waiting for my answer, "sure," i mumble as we make our way around the teens and out the door, sitting down on the patio.

she takes two cigarettes out of the box, handing one and a lighter to me, i light the cigarette, giving her back her lighter.

"what's your name?" i mumble, blowing smoke out of my mouth, "billie." she says, giving me a seemingly welcoming smile,
"yours?" she asked, taking a hit.

"ellie." i respond, staring up at the sky,
"the scenery is beautiful, a lovely view." i say, admiring the stars and the dark blue sky.

i could feel her gaze shift from the sky to my face as her soft words spoke
"very lovely indeed."