soft

"ooh, this one first!" billie states excitedly as her eyes light up at the sight of the carnival game where you can win many stuffed animals.

i had brought billie to the local carnival as a date, a couple weeks ago she mentioned one of her goals in life is too win a stuffed animal for me. so i took this as a perfect opportunity.

"okay, so basically all you have to do is throw these rings onto each pole." the guy who worked at the game explained. billie nodding as a response as she took a seat in front of the game.

"yes!" she cheered excitedly watching as she got all 3 rings around the poles.
"good job baby!" i exclaim watching the guy hand billie a stuffed multicolored dragon.

she gave me the biggest smile that made me melt, i always wonder how i got lucky enough to be with someone so unexplainably perfect.

"here, baby. for you." she cooed, kissing me sweetly on the lips, "thank you, bil." i mumble, hugging the dragon closely to my chest.

"can we get cotton candy, please?" i beg billie, cotton candy is one of my favorite things ever, its so pretty and the taste is just irreplaceable.

"of course, my love." billie says, wrapping her arm around my shoulder as we go to the cotton candy stand.

"two please." i say, giving the girl my five dollars as she handed me and bil our cotton candy. "oh, are you uh- single?" the cotton candy girl said to me as she shyly put her hair behind her ear.

"no-" before i could finish, billie interrupter me. "woah, back off. no, she's not single. she's mine." bil said, protectively wrapping her arm around my waist.

"oh- uh, sorry.." the girl said, stuttering, billie just glared at her and i gave her an apologetic smile as we walked away.

i slightly chuckle at billie's overprotective-ness/ her slight jealousy. she's always been like that.
"what are you laughing at, mama?" billie asked as she was leading us through the carnival.

"you." i say, making her pout at me.
"you're adorable, bil." i say and she gives me a warm smile. i swear, she has the prettiest smile.