•coconut scented sunscreen•

4 hours later and they had finally arrived. Marinette was itching in her seat know that Adrien was less than 30 centimetres  behind her. Thankfully Ayla being the awesome friend that she was helped her stay calm.

As they were about to hop off the bus marinette felt a nudge from her bag.

"I'll be out in a minute! I just forgot my sunscreen on the bus" marinette hollered to her classmates.

"HURRY UP MARI I WANNA SEE ALL THE BEACH BABES!" Kim yelled gaining a disapproving look from Ms Bustier.

Mari ducked back into the bus and snapped open her purse "what is it tikki?"

"Marinette I know your not going to like this but we kwami a don't deal too great with extreme weather and it's going to be really hot today..." the timid bug said.

"Tikki your not suggesting I leave you here are you?!" Marinette shrieked.

"shhhh Mari I don't like it as much as you but the bus driver will be in here with air conditioning  the whole time and so will I so you don't have to worry about loosing me okay?" The bug whispered soothing to the clearly distressed bluenette.

With two assuring pats on the head from tikki, marinette put her little bag in the shelf above the seats near a cool vent. Before leaving she gave tikki a quick peck and then hopped off the bus. Smiling to the bus driver as she got off, he looked her way and tched before muttering something under his breath. Yikes. "What's up with him?" The girl thought.

"MARI ABOUT FRIKING TIME EVERYONE LETS GOOOOO" Kim yelled rallying the class.

"Kim lets be respectable please" ms bustier scolded Kim. He gave her a sheepish look before walking towards the beach.

"Marinette aren't you forgetting something?" Ayla asked in a teasing tone.

"Uh no?" Marinette replied clearly confused.

"Your sun screen?!"

"Ooooooooh hehe yeah right about thaattt, I left it at home" the bluenette said sheepishly.

"Marinette what are we gonna do with you girl?"

"Yeah alyas right your so forgetful sometimes it amazes me haha" nino joined in.

Marinette felt a tap on the shoulder. She tuned. "A-Adrien.." the flustered girl stuttered. I mean at least if she turned red she could blame it on a sunburn or something....

"I brought lots of sunscreen cause my father doesn't want me tanning you're free to borrow some if you want" he offered paired with a charming smile.

"Oh yeth that woouldbegrreat!" Marinette forces out.

He chuckled before nino wrapped an arm around his shoulder and they strolled down to the beach.

•••
The squad set up a nice spot on the sand pretty close to some trees for some shade. Not that it would affect Ayla and Nino much, the melanin goddess and god themselves.

Adrien handed marinette the sunscreen. "Marinette omg omg omg ADRIENS SUNSCREEN" the bluenette thought internally freaking out.

".....it wouldn't be weird if I smelt the sunscreen right?!" Mari could already hear tikki a scolding so she flipped the cap and handed it back to Adrien.

"Thank you Adrien I really app-"
Marinette was soon cut off with heart laughter.
"Mph...pffff....BAHAHAHAH...oh my I'm so s0hahasorry pfff" the blonde was struggling together to string together his sentence.

"What! What is it?!" The girl asked frantically.

"Wait...can adrien read thoughts??!!!no way!" The internal panic started to consume the girl as the blonde continued to struggle with his laughter.

"AYLA IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH MEEE??" The girl screeched looking over at her best friend which she could see was also holding back laughter.

Marinette started to sulk...she didn't know what was so funny. Adrien looked up and seeing his friend upset quickly shut up (not before wiping a couple of tears away though hehe).

"Mari, no it's just this..." adrien reached his hand towards the girl while leaning close to her face. "This" he brushed the tip of his finger on her nose, wiping some sunscreen left over.

Oh. So she looked like a clown. (A/n wouldn't be the first time Mari *flashes back to when jagged stone needed a guitarist and she said "aDrIen 🤡"* just clownery luv xoxo I ain't forget)

Marinette stop breathing...she could smell something... something tropical. "Coconut?" She mumbled out loud.

"Haha yeah spot on! My sunscreen is coconut scented pretty cool huh?!" Adrien spoke excitedly almost like an overjoyed puppy (or cat ;) ).

"Come ONNNN SLOW POKES I WANNA RACE ADRIEN IN THE WATERRR" Kim yelled at the quadruple.

They all stripped off their casual clothes and raced down to water. Eager to dip their toes into the refreshing crystal blue water so save them from the suns heat. Little did they know it was about to get a lot hotter ;)...

(A/n ITS NOT GONNA GET TOO STEAMY DONT WORRY!!!1!1!!1! I wanna keep this book pretty mild and fluffy as it should be considering they're 14/15!!!! I'll be keep it as pg 13 as possible xoxox ur really slow author when <|:•))))) 11/06/20 10:58 pm 851 words)