Chapter Twelve

Eventually Vee pulled away, but he didn't go far, resting his forehead against Mark's.

"Wow."

"Yeah," Mark breathed before giggling, "So, you liked your reward then?"

"I did."

"Good."

Mark smirked and began to move away, out of Vee's hold.

"Where do you think you're going?" Vee whispered, locking his hands together behind Mark's back to keep him close.

All he got in response was a raised eyebrow. Mark appeared content to stay there, in Vee's arms, and Vee was more than happy to hold him.

"Are we going to do something?"

"Why? What are you thinking of Mark?"

Mark didn't miss Vee's teasing tone and gave him a playful slap on the shoulder.

"Shut up."

"You're feeling better, right?"

"Yes, Vee, I'm fine."

"Mmm. I still think you should rest. How about we watch a film or something?"

Mark almost rolled his eyes in frustration until he remembered that he had moved his TV to his bedroom. Lying on the bed together? That sounded good to him.

"Okay, Vee."

There was something in Mark's voice that sent a pleasurable shiver down Vee's spine. He released Mark and allowed himself to be dragged along. The room they entered next was clearly Mark's bedroom. His bedroom! This wasn't the plan. He had suggested watching a film, hadn't he?

"Mark?" Vee stammered, his voice shaky.

Mark smiled at Vee's nervousness. It was usually him who was shy, so it was fun to see Vee drop his usual confident mask.

"The TV is in here."

"Oh. Right."

Vee blushed bright red. Mark had seen right through him.

Once they decided on which film to watch, Mark crawled on his bed fluffing up the pillows so they could lean against them and sit up a little. Vee hesitated; not sure what Mark wanted him to do. Should he get on the bed? That would be the logical option, but it would mean ending up on a bed. With Mark. Vee was not sure his heart could take that. He changed his mind quickly when Mark patted the bed beside him. 

"Come on, Vee."

Over the course of the film, the two snuggled up closer and closer together. Mark rested his head on Vee's chest, listening to the steady heartbeat underneath him. Vee's fingers trailed down his arm, gently stroking, while Vee's other hand gripped his. It was like an anchor. A comfortable weight that joined them together, giving Mark a feeling of safety.

"Oh, come on! Why would you go down there?!" Vee exclaimed, his fingers disappearing from Mark's arm as he gestured wildly at the screen.

Mark giggled as Vee yelled at the characters once again. Did the idiot think they could hear him? It was amusing and kind of weirdly adorable.

"Are you laughing at me again, huh?" Vee murmured teasingly, looking down at Mark with an indulgent smile.

"Maybe."

"Oh, maybe."

Vee dropped his hand back down, tickling Mark's side.

"Stop! I can't!" Mark panted in between his desperate giggles.

"You're going to stop laughing at me?"

"Yes! Yes, promise!"

Vee halted his actions, ignoring the film on the screen to instead watch Mark trying to catch his breath with a wide grin on his face. Cute. Mark was really cute. As Vee leaned down, he pulled Mark's chin up so he could press a soft peck on Mark's lips.

"Oi, Vee. Taking advantage of my defeated state, are you?"

"Mmm, my boyfriend likes it though, doesn't he?"

Mark's eyes widened at the use of the word boyfriend, his heart stuttering in his chest. It was what he wanted, but Vee hadn't asked him, and he hadn't asked Vee. All they had done was kiss.

"Boyfriend?"

"Yeah, boyfriend."

Vee's words were a declaration, leaving no room for argument. It was surprisingly bold coming from the man who had been nervous to sit on the bed. Truth be told, it didn't bother Mark, though he felt it should. It was just like Vee. The man was so random, and Mark really couldn't figure him out, but he was starting to think he didn't want to. Mark liked it when Vee was truly himself. In fact, he loved it.

"Idiot," Mark muttered, no real admonishment in his voice.

"Oho, idiot?"

"Yep, idiot. But you're my idiot."

"Alright. I guess I'm okay with being an idiot if it means I'm yours."