2. Devil's Eyes

"I've always been pale." I mope back. Trying to sound uninterested. I lock eyes with him. Bad decision.
"Sit down." He mutters as he kicks my chair forward. It scrapes alarming loud across the cobblestone. I'm surprised he hasn't torn this place to shreds yet. It's as damp and dreary as a rotting back yard shed. Hesitating for a moment I take to my seat. He's still wearing his same clothes, although his jacket is gone and his shirt is badly ripped.
"So, not fancying chatting to guards are you? Only to me."
He grins. "Only to you."
I huff, sarcastically. "I'm truly honoured."
"Oh yes, you should feel most proud. You've made me utter more words than I have in the last 2 days, congratulations, would you like a golden sticker?" He matches my sarcasm back with ease.

Focus, Doctor we need to know where the Daleks plan to attack next, not what stickers you're going to be given by the end of this.
"I'm sure you've been enjoying yourself in this lovely place." I chime.
"It's delightful." He replies with a slight tremor in his voice. He hates it here. I mean who wouldn't, but it's only been 2 days. Who knows what a week in here will do to him.
"This mask you're wearing doesn't hide what's beneath you. I see through it. You despise this place."
"I despise you." He leans forward glaring into my shaken soul. "You're the charmer that locked me in this hell hole in the first place. Like a rat." He starts to laugh a bit. "What do you plan on doing with me anyway? Keep me cooped up in here until I rot to the bone or...."
"I wouldn't do that to you." I hear myself state, unexpectedly.

"Oh yes, of course not. I forgot, you're too weak to let go of people you care for. You can't cope, you poor thing."
"I don't care for you."
He sits back with a smirk. "This mask you're wearing doesn't hide what's beneath you."
I gulp. "I see through it, Doctor."