But How!? (6)

I slowly woke up, panicking before remembering that I was still at Alex's house. Did I fall asleep?

"Alex?" I said but I didn't hear my voice. I heard a dog bark.

Duke's in here!? I thought Alexander knew I was scared of him!

"Alex! Get it out! I'm still–" I stopped, finally remembering what had happened right before I passed out.

Not wanting it to be true, I risked a glance at my arms. But in place of my normal, pale arms was tiny furry white arms with paws at the end of each one. My body was no different. I was furry all over but there was brown and black in the mix too.

I screamed... or yelped, fearfully. I tried to run but I was pulled back painfully. My head whipped around to see that the dark blue leash was tied to a leg of Alex's desk where he records his videos.

I huffed. Why'd he tie me up? I'm not an actual... What am I? A dog? A cat? A fucking horse?

Wait. Am I being serious right now? I clearly heard myself bark so it's obvious I'm a dog.

A howl escaped me without thinking. I just wanted Alex to come in here. I don't know why but I do.

Speaking of him, the door opened and he walked in with two metal bowls, a small can of something and a water bottle.

"Hey," I yipped but of course he didn't understand.

His eyes widened. "A-Axis? Is that you?"

I tipped my head to the side subconsciously. I nodded to his question though.

He huffed in surprise. "So I guess magic really does work huh? That collar wasn't a form of lifestyle but a form of transforming you into a whole different creature."

I lied down on my stomach and just stared at him. I really wanted to respond but hearing a dog instead of me freaked me out whenever I tried to speak.

"I um... I brought you food and water. I'm not exactly sure if your appetite changed so I kinda brought some of Duke's special food."

Again, silence.

Alexander stood there awkwardly, avoiding looking directly at me. I would too if I were him. Your best friend turned into a dog and you expect everything to be normal? Yeah no.

Why are you still standing there? I barked. My head tipped to the other side in question.

Alexander opened his mouth but nothing came out until I yipped at him in confusion.

"Shit. We need to fix this. I can't understand you! Plus you were supposed to have left a few hours ago."

My head lowered and my paws covered my muzzle right as my stomach growled.

"Guess you are hungry."

He walked over to me, his scent enveloped me as soon as he was pouring water in the bowl he had placed right in front of me. He smelled so good, like peaches and a nice musky smell that blended perfectly together.

I found myself crawling closer to him, curling up against him. Before he even finished pouring the water, I started to lap at it. Everything I need to know in this body came instinctively. I hated it.

Or did I?

When I had pressed my body closer to Alexander I was surprised that he didn't do anything. He just continued to fill the two bowls for me. He was acting like this was a normal thing.

"Alex! My boyfriend is coming over in a few," a young girl's voice said from the doorway.

My ears perked up and I looked behind me to see a fourteen year old girl standing there. Her hair was dyed dark blue and black. She wore straight black clothes, had too many piercings, dark makeup and looked depressed all together. Alex's little sister. She had a weird smell. Like, burnt cookies? It didn't exactly stink it just made my nose itch.

Alex sighed. "Bianca. What did I say about barging in here without knocking? I could be doing something that didn't want you to see. Or I could just want my damn privacy."

She rolled her green eyes. "You told me to tell you when one of my friends was coming over. And whose puppy is that?"

My best friend glanced down at me with questioning eyes. He was asking me if he could call me his. I nodded.

"I know what I told you but you can still knock. And... Shiloh is my puppy. I found her out on the streets."

Her!? What does he mean by that!?

Bianca nodded slowly her eyes narrowing on me suspiciously. "Can I see it?"

"Later, now please get out."

"Whatever." She sulked out of the room, slamming the door behind her. My ears lowered from the loud noise.

Alex sighed deeply. His eyes closed and his lips pressed into a thin line.

A high pitched whine found its way from me. When he didn't react. I stood up on all fours-which somehow came naturally-and crawled into his lap, turning my head up, I started to lick his cheek.

His eyes snapped open in surprise. I was honestly surprised too but I guess the dog in my is slowly taking over and it doesn't affect me. In fact I'm embracing it. This is my way out of my horrible life. It may be strange but to me it feels really good. Like I was meant to be in this form from the start.

I stopped licking him to simply stare at him, wagging my tail. He was staring back at me with wide eyes.

"I-is that still you Axis?" he whispered, somewhat worriedly.

Yes, yes it's me! I barked happily.

I jumped down from his lap and towards the food which looked absolutely disgusting but smelled oh so good! I couldn't resist it.

My head lowered into the bowl and I ate my first bite of the stuff. The tastes that exploded in my now sensitive mouth made me literally jump in delight. All of the different flavors flowed together and formed what I would call absolute perfection.

Before I knew it, the whole bowl was empty. There wasn't even a speck of the delicious stuff. I was highly upset. There wasn't enough of it!

I turned around to tell Alex but he wasn't there.

He... left me?

Normally that wouldn't effect me but now it felt like when my parents kicked me out of the house that night. I felt lost. Hurt.

I yelped and wailed, trying to get to the open door but to no avail. The stupid desk sure was sturdy. I let out the loudest cry that I could, hoping for him to come back when I realized there was no way for me to go to him.

My tailed tucked underneath my legs as I walked to lay down on a blanket under the desk. My pleas for him to come back died down drastically but I still let out an occasional whine every few seconds.

After a few minutes of being alone, my eyes drifted close and I fell into a deep sleep.