9

It was the day after Easter.

He was alone in his parents' spacious house. The ex-wife was with his new partner. His son was out with his friends. His daughter was at her boyfriend's house.

He was alone and couldn't go anywhere because a couple days before Easter he was caught drunk driving. His license revoked.

He was alone.

No one thought about staying with him that day.

Selfish people.

He was in need of help. But it stayed unheard by most.

He was alone but not with nothing.

What crossed through his mind that afternoon, only he knows.

That day Taehyung decided to put an end to being a defect.

That day Taehyung shot himself in the head.

<>

There were sirens later that night. Policemen. Firemen. An ambulance that never got to the hospital in time.

There were tears and pain.

And there was guilt... Inside the daughter there was a fear... She had the horrible sickening feeling she had heard something that afternoon when she came back to the house.

She couldn't stop thinking what would have happened if she'd walked up to see what it was that noise. Right in that moment. Not hours later when her mom came home.

She couldn't stop thinking it was her fault as well.

She could have done something.

Instead, she went on living with this guilt slowly devouring her, together with one of her last memories of him from a couple days before.

She got mad at him like a spoiled brat for a stupid reason, which is not important here, and threw on the ground a letter that came with the mail.

<<You can pick it up yourself>>, she said to him. And turned around as he tiredly crouched to pick the letter from the ground.

{🍬:

{🍬:

Unedited.

🖤}