VI. Cats Get Jealous Too

I'm sorry this update took longer than expected. I was supposed to release this one yesterday. With emotions going haywire these days from disappointed to outright surprised yesterday. I'm not really confident about this one. But here is still hoping this chapter adds to the build-up with the previous chapters.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Okay. So maybe Jennie didn't talk to Nayeon after that. Her cousin tried to reach out on her but Jennie didn't even budge. The lawyer doesn't exactly know where that anger comes from as long as she knows she isn't ready to forgive Nayeon yet.

Jennie currently resides at her home office deciding to take her work at home. She has her newly made coffee in her desk aiding her to keep her mental state working through the hours of the night. The two dogs and one pregnant cat keeping her company at the moment. While Jisoo puts Rosie to sleep after her best friend pulled off a draining eighteen-hour straight surgery. As she works her way, Nayeon's words seemingly creep back like a worm through her mind.

Damn you, Nayeon.

Jennie mentally curses her cousin. Unlike the other women in Jennie's girl squad. At a young age, Nayeon knows for herself of whom she gets attracted too. Nayeon never shies away from her feelings and acts upon it as she likes. And introducing her to Rosé was a total disaster at its finest creation. Nayeon says she has the best gaydar up to date. A year after claiming Rosé plays for the other team, Rosé ended up with Jisoo. Nayeon became so confident to a point where she also predicted Irene to end up with a woman as well. Fortunately, it looks like Irene is tainting Nayeon's slate for the moment since the ice goddess herself has not been once attracted to anyone. And Jennie will be a living testament that all that comes from the mouth of that bunny cousin are just pure coincidences and nothing more.

A familiar ringtone from her phone drags Jennie back to reality while her fingers slide the call and automatically brings the phone to her ear.

"Frowning doesn't really suit you, Miss Kim."

That voice.

The voice that has brought a constant smile to the lawyer's lips.

"L—Lisa?" Jennie drops her pen on the table.

"It's kinda late. Shouldn't you be sleeping now?" Jennie pans her head from left to right curious on why Lisa knows she's still up burning her candle. Her caramel eyes catch the blonde standing on her balcony right across her office smiling at her. Lisa gave a small wave and to which Jennie replied with the same gesture.

Jennie stands up and walks over to the window to see Lisa in some casual clothes. "I could say the same, Lisa. It's late and past both our bedtime." Jennie hears the blonde chuckles across the line.

"Just got home from work. You?" Lisa replies.

"Reviewing some more papers for my case." Jennie lets out a huff. "Can't wait for it to be over really. By the way, thank you for the cupcakes although Rosie took almost all of them."

"I can always make another batch if you want to." Lisa offers.

"No!" Jennie shakes her head vigorously that earned Lisa's laughter. "That would be too much Lisa. You always bring food and we couldn't really return much of it." Jennie is embarrassed on the way Rosé and Jisoo exploit the blonde and Jennie didn't want to come as abusive towards Lisa's good nature.

"Don't mind it, Miss Kim. We'll be a family soon enough." Jennie is shocked by Lisa's statement. F---Family? What did Lisa mean by that? Jennie's brain short-circuited for a minute trying to debunk Lisa's words as she bit her bottom lip and held her breath. "Well, you know. With Jennie the cat and Luca having children we will be as good as grandparents, aren't we?" Jennie exhaled most of the air she keeps as she clutches to her heart. Thank God it was the only thing she meant.