Chapter 36: Storytime

Omfg thank you for 2k 💚💚💚💚💚💚

"We were still stupid little fetus, who knew nothing about the drama in the outside world." She exclaimed dramatically and stood up from her seat, circling around Hana as she spoke.

"Do you ever wonder why I hate you?" She stopped abruptly in her steps, producing a old photo out from her pocket.

"Look closely, who are those?"
"My mum? And... your dad?" She recognized her mum, her huge dole eyes and mole under her right eye. Clinging onto... Siyeon's dad. Same bitchy face.

"Bingo shithead." And she took out another photo out from her pocket.

"Look closely, who are these."
"My mum and my dad?" Hana looked up at Siyeon, clearly confused.

"Bingo shithead. And what's the common thing between these pictures?"
Hana didn't want to interpret it that way.

"Do you understand now? I hope you do shithead."
Yes she did. Hana did.

"You hate me because you were an accident." A sound of a palm coming into contact with a cheek reverberated off the walls. It left a red mark on Hana's left cheek as Siyeon breathed heavily.

"Fuck you're right. I hate your whole family. Because of your mum, the slut who cheated on her own husband. She deserved to be killed by Junghee." And that ringed another bell in Hana.

"Wait that means we are..."
"Related? Yes. That's why I didn't kill you first."
"What do you mean first?"

Siyeon took out her phone and pressed the play button. Hana looked in horror as she watched the video, recording how her father really died.

He didn't commit suicide. He didn't kill himself. He didn't overdose on pills. He was killed by Park Siyeon.

She watched as Siyeon kicked her father back and forth in the guts, blood spilling out of his mouth. She fired the gun once at his leg and he fell to the ground.

Was this what Renjun experienced?
She shuddered at the thought.

"My daughter... Hana... Please spare her..." His strangled voice was cut of by a gunshot that pierced through his right chest. She couldn't believe it. Her father, who she thought hated her, was trying to protect her. She could feel her blood boil as the video ended.

"You know, he never hated you. Who would hate their daughter? Neither did your brother. I made them seem like they did. Your friend? Yeorin? I made your father kill her. Though it seemed like he was trying to get rid of you. She was the spare one that messed up all our plans. He cried for nights. Because if she wasn't killed, he would have needed to kill you."

Hana's eyes moistened at the mention of Yeorin. Her best friend who died for her. Her father who had to put on a mask around his own daughter to protect her. All those who loved her died for her.

"Actually I would have liked your dad. If he didn't walk into my house and killed my mum in front of my dad and I. Fucking idiot. Deserved to be dead years ago."

"You've got any more disgusting secrets to reveal?" Hana spat. There was a satisfied grin on Siyeon's face, as if enjoying how Hana suffered. Emotionally. And physically.

"You're father was no leader of Golden Peasants. He was just for show. I was and still is the real boss that nobody knew of."

"You're next." Before she knew, Hana was knocked out by the butt of Siyeon's gun.