Chapter 13: Don't Waste Time

Izuku walked through the gates to UA wearing his new uniform that had come in the mail a day after the letter. He'd made sure to keep it in the box as to not get it dirty. He didn't want to make a bad impression on the first day, now did he?

Kuro and Droplet had sent him a congratulations and good luck over video call after he informed them. Droplet seemed especially smug, wearing a smile as if she knew a secret he didn't. It was the kind of smile she wears when she found dirt on someone that was so interesting it was funny. She said he'd find out once he got to UA.

He didn't know what it was until his new homeroom teacher walked through the door and addressed the class.

Damnit Droplet.

The black haired boy found it strange though, the way Eraserhead (now as he referred to as Aizawa-sensei) kept shooting him glances.

Izuku kept trying to look away through his lecture of 'time is valuable' but when Aizawa-sensei pulled out the gym uniform from a yellow sleeping bag and told them to get changed he felt his stomach drop.

He'd gained quite the collection of scars over the past few months. Villains just seem to love sharp objects. He didn't know how the other students would react when they saw him changing.

Wondering vaguely if he should ask for the winter uniform that had long sleeves, he walked to the front to collect his own. He quickly banished that thought from his head, Aizawa-sensei might think it's suspicious.

Most of the scars were on his shoulders, torso, and legs anyway. There were a few on his arms but ones that he could easily pass on as clumsiness.

Keeping to himself as he dressed, left the others behind in the locker room and was surprised to find he was the first one there. He looked around the bare dirt field just to check if he really was the first one and then saw Aizawa-sensei approaching him.

"Oh shit, I'm screwed," He thought to himself.

"Akiro, I know I said that time is valuable, and I'm glad that you took that seriously, but how did you change so quickly?" He thought he could hear what sounded like surprise but quickly got rid of the thought.

"I always change that quickly, I don't really like to waste time," It wasn't a lie, Izuku didn't like to waste his time.

His teacher raised his eyebrow slightly closing his eyes and looking away, "Please don't take offense at what we're going to be doing today. It's a Quirk evaluation test."

Izuku wasn't very surprised at that. It seemed like a thing Aizawa-sensei would do. "Don't worry, Aizawa-sensei. It's fine. I would honestly be more surprised if you didn't test them on their Quirks. But that doesn't really seem right, though." His teacher looked at him expectingly, urging him to continue. "It seems illogical to test kids on powers that they don't get to use in public with the exception of using them at home. S-So you're probably testing us on something else. Determination? Ingenuity? Motivation? Probably something like that."

Aizawa-sensei looked slightly impressed but then went back to his neutral bored expression, "Exactly. I just wanted you to know that this test wasn't meant to single you out. I saw your results of the entrance exams as well as your performance, and while it was impressive, you had a weapon then. You already figured out the point of this test so I guess I should tell you that I plan on expelling the last running student."

Izuku tried to keep his face from showing the slight fear he felt at that. Although, he'd already done his research of all the teachers at UA, Aizawa was the teacher with the highest expulsion rate at the school and he knew that something similar would happen. Though he didn't want to be expelled right on the first day.