25. Epilogue - 10 Years Later

The dogs appeared first, rapidly followed by 3 pairs of pounding feet and the sound of laughter and I grin before dropping my book back onto the table beside me.

"Mama, Daddy's home and he's brought a present" Rand shouts, getting to me before his brothers.
Nash and Beau glare at their brother, for telling me first and I laugh as they all crowd around me.

"How do you know the present is for me?" I ask them and watch our youngest Beau look to his brothers to answer.
"Rand said it was for you" Nash told me, edging closer and Rand now stood glaring at his brothers.

"Daddy asked where you were and he had a box in his arms" Rand explained, his look saying that explained everything.
"Okay, I can see you got to that conclusion but this time you are wrong" I tell him, hiding my grin.

"Then who is it for?" Beau asks, turning to look back the way they had come. "Is it for me?"

"Why don't you wait and see" I tell them, sliding to my feet as Kris approaches, the box in his arms. He moves it to the side so he can lean down to give me a kiss, causing our sons to hoot at us, until we break apart.

"Mrs Kingston, you look positively blooming" Kris praises me softly and I grin back up at him.
"Why Mr Kingston, I've missed you and your smooth words"

The boys crowd round us and we pull apart, grinning down at them.
"Whats in the box Daddy!" Rand asks for them all and Kris and I exchange a smile over their heads.

"Can I open it?" Nash ask's his hands already reaching for the box.
"Hey!" Beau stomps "I want it" and Kris chuckles.
"Sit down boys" he instructs and I grin as they all rush to do his bidding, sitting in a row along my seat.

"Do you remember when we went to visit your cousins last month and there was a special bit of news they shared" he asked them, setting the box down on the ground in front of them.

"They are getting a new brother" Rand said and the other two nod.
"Is that what's in the box, a baby brother... I don't want it, I want a girl" Beau decides, leaning away and I hide my laugh behind a cough.

"You can open it together" Kris tells them and they all start pulling the box open. A pink balloon shoots out with a picture hanging below and Nash reaches it first.

"Mama?" Rand looks at me "Are you having a baby?" he asks and I nod.
"We are going to have a little girl" I tell them and laugh as they surround me with hugs. Beau, patting my stomach and saying hello, causing his brothers to laugh.

Later that evening as the boys are getting ready for bed, I join Kris in the snug, his face bland as he hold up a newspaper to me. I glance at the article and laugh at the news, "She got what she deserved" I chuckle, dropping down beside him as I scan the rest of the article, Natalie, my former bully had married an dying old man, expecting to get all his assets when he died, only to be taken to court and lose to his children, who had been very vocal in their opinion of her and were encouraging her previous husband families to investigate their estates. There is a list of men she has been linked to and I see Jonah's name on the list, though I know he has nothing for her to go after, Alex and Henry had made sure of that, ruining him before I had even left university, he had gone running abroad to another branch of his family and not returned.

I relax on the sofa cuddled up next to Kris and reflect on how lucky I am, I have a wonderful family, a loving husband and three, soon to be four children. We had moved from a rocky start to friends and then to lovers before we became a family, and Kris had ensured that the promise he made me many years ago still held true now. Our future was together and we would work hard to ensure we all happy.

The End.