Chapter 11: Confessions

The party was well under way, brimming with energy and bursting with laughter.

Many young elites, around Alythia's age, were invited.

Kloeye was seen running around, trying every possible platter within view.

Alythia, on the other hand, was currently encircled by a group of young elite teens - mostly boys. 

The general conversation between them attempted to uncover the secret behind our lady's unique hair color, and in the process, compete to perhaps gain her hand for a dance.

Karlyle could be seen standing a short way off, leaning against a refreshment table, with a menacing look.

Anyone with common sense would steer clear of him.

However,  one black haired and golden-eyed boy could be seen leisurely making his way towards him. Whether spurred on by bravery, foolishness, or a mixture of both - the reason will forever remain unclear. 

"Kyle" the boy began, placing his hand on the dragon's shoulder. 

His eyes narrowed, wrinkling his brows. "You look like a serial killer, ease up will ya"

The ebony eyed boy just scoffed, turning his head to the side.

His friend eyed him suspiciously, and following his gaze, landed on a pink-haired girl surrounded by many attentive looks. She wore a very troubled expression, as one trying to escape from within a lion's den.

He frowned, pinching his nose with his fingertips. "Just go talk to her Kyle", he ventured to say, but the dragon gave no response.

He sighed.

"Wouldn't it be better to simply clarify things with her?"

Karlyle's eyes flashed, causing his friend to flinch.

"Clarify what?" his words seeped through gritted teeth. "She already knows"

And with his eyes still intently fixed on the girl he added with a grumble "I'm obvious enough about it".

With a frown, the boy next to him shut his eyes and groaned. 

"She's hesitant" he finally admitted, "Best to find out why before it drives you insane"

"I'm still sane" Karlyle retorted, his voice drenched in agitation.

"Um-hum" his friend responded, wearing a stoic expression - utterly unconvinced. 

His golden eyes then fell on the glass Karlyle had been holding. A loud breath could be heard, like a sigh, as his friend decided to forfeit this deadlock. 

"Kyle" he added in a last attempt "Careful... you're cracking it". 

And with that he turned and made his way back into the crowd.

Karlyle's eyes darted down to the glass, and he noticed tiny streaks running all along his fingertips. "When did...?" he sighed, placing the glass back on the table behind him and moving out the nearest door, unto the balcony.  

 Alythia noticed him as he walked out.

Stepping into the fresh night air somewhat revitalized and calmed him.