Chapter 19: A Blond Boy's Heart (part 2)

Meanwhile, the moment Alythia darted out the door Damien was left sitting there utterly stunned.

He heaved a deep sigh as he walked through the garden towards the cafeteria to get some food.

Every now and again he would rub his burning eyes with the back of his hand.

However, when he got to the fountain he saw the figure of a girl sitting on its edge. The girl seemed to be upset because he could hear the faint sound of whimpering as he approached.

The moment she glanced up Damien could've sworn his heart skipped a beat.

She was absolutely stunning.

The girl was very petite and had a small roundish face – like the face of a doll. She had coco skin and long brown-black hair, which she wore in two loose pigtails. Her large blue eyes were staring back at him from under her thin-framed spectacles.

Damien noticed the small teardrops in the corner of her eyes and saw that her knees were slightly bleeding.

He instantly bent down on one knee and put his hands over the wound "I'll make it stop hurting ok? So just bear with me a bit"

The tiny girl nodded and saw a bright white light glowing around the boy's hand as he softly chanted a spell.

She saw his jaw clench, and after a few moments the wound had completely healed.

Just as Damien was about to look up, he suddenly felt something crash into him and he somehow ended up on the ground with the girl's arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

"THANK YOU Sir Knight!!!!! Awww thank you thank you thank you!!! It was hurting so much and I was all alone but then you came to save me, I'm so grateful!!"

As she slightly pulled her head back she saw his widely stretched eyes staring back at her. 

Damien's face was completely red. He was much too shocked at the sudden physical contact to properly respond so he just continued staring at her – his expression utterly stupefied.

"Oh gosh I'm sorry!!" the girl exclaimed as she rushed to her feet and held out her hand to help him up. He was still in a daze but took her hand nonetheless.

The girl eyed him curiously. "You know Mr. Knight, for someone who can heal others so easily you seem to be quite wounded yourself"

"Huh?" Damien managed to say, completely unsure of what she meant.

"Your eyes" the girl continued, stepping closer "They're red around the edges... were you perhaps crying?"

The blond boy shyly turned his eyes away. He tugged at his hair in an attempt to hide his face from the girl's piercing gaze.