Chapter 20: The Winter Ball

The months moved along – as months usually do.

We currently join our pink haired damsel in mid-July.

The school hosts an annual winter's ball in the middle of every year and this year the lucky date falls on a Wednesday, which – my reader guessed it – happens to be today!!

Now obviously Alythia will be attending with Karlyle and our Heroine with Blake but there is another exciting progression I wish to inform you of: our little Cinnamon roll also recently acquired a date.

Mind you, it was quite the battle to get him to this point.

So let me give my readers a short snippet of the conquest so they can better share in my bliss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was only about one week left till the Winter ball and Alythia was growing impatient. She really wanted Kloeye to attend it this year but a certain blond boy had yet to grow a backbone.

So our pink eyed girl – as impatient as she was – decided to take matters into her own clumsy little hands.

She confronted Damien that very same day right as he returned from lunch.

"Oi little boy, weren't you the one bragging a few months back about how old and mature you are? Are you sure your birth certificate isn't fake? Perhaps you're actually 12 and you've just been lied to all these years???"

As Alythia scowled at the poor blond boy, who had up until now just been minding his own business innocently walking back to class, he was completely caught off guard.

Now my reader might think that our little damsel's approach is well.... not the best possible approach. And sure enough – it wasn't. What she did was absolutely foolish. As the proverb goes "a gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger".

And oh was anger stirred alright.

It flared up inside the heart of the little Cinnabon like fireworks on the fourth of July.

But let the reader not be too harsh on our ill-tempered girl. You see Kloeye had been whining in her ears for weeks on end because Damien had not yet asked her to the ball so our poor protagonist was already at her wits end.

Damien glared at her "HAH!? Where do you get off?? With a mouth like that it's no wonder you don't have any friends in this class!!"

The entire room fell silent.

Alythia's eyes stretched wide and she felt a stinging sensation shoot through her heart.

She glanced away since she was much like a water-reserve about to burst.

The blond boy, after a few moments of still huffing and puffing about, noticed that the girl had become unresponsive and suddenly felt quite bad about what he had said.