iii. the island

AS THE HELICOPTER NEARED THE ISLAND, THE WHOLE CHOPPER BEGAN TO SHAKE

AS THE HELICOPTER NEARED THE ISLAND, THE WHOLE CHOPPER BEGAN TO SHAKE. Out of sheer instinct, Robyn clasped onto Ian's forearm for ease. She was fine with transport and hardly ever got travel sick, but she hated landing. The turbulence made her ears ring and stomach churn.

Ian smirked at the action, knowing that her friend, Jimmy, had seen. Although it was blatantly obvious to Ian that Jimmy was attracted to Robyn, the blonde woman was clueless. So, this made Ian's next move all the more fun.

He gingerly wrapped an arm around Robyn's shoulder, his thumb rubbing the rough material of the flannel that laid over her upper arm. "It - It's alright, Robbie. I, uh, I got you," he whispered near her ear. A shiver ran down Robyn's back as she felt his hot breath hit her ear.

The blonde Australian didn't know what to say so instead she focused on buckling her seat belt quickly. Everyone else followed suit, however, Alan seemed to be having a difficult time with his. In his hands, he held two of the same pieces. As Ellie and John were helping Alan with his belt, Robyn and Ian couldn't help but let out a few quiet chuckles at the scene.

Seemingly having enough of the chaos, Alan simply tied the two ends together around his waist. With a smirk, he looked up and shrugged smugly.

"You handled that beautifully, Alan," Robyn snorted, covering her grin.

John had warned us that the chopper needed to land quickly due to bad wind shears, but it was still too fast for Robyn's liking. She had only then noticed that Ian still had his arm around her shoulders. The blonde felt an ungodly churn occur in her stomach just as the helicopter safely landed.

"Oh, God," Robyn muttered.

"You alright, Robyn?" Ellie leaned forward, placing a hand on her friend's knee.

"I think I'm going to be sick," Robyn spoke, unbuckling her belt immediately and practically sprinted out of the copter as soon as the doors were clicked open. Robyn ran towards the edge of the trees and hunched over. Ellie ran over her to hold her hair up and rub her back.

It was terribly grotesque how Robyn hurled the contents of her stomach, how she heaved up any sort of burning acid that rose her throat. It was disgusting but she needed to do it.

"You ok, sweetie?" The younger blonde helped the older one up onto steady legs. "Hey, at least the ride back won't be as bumpy, right?" Ellie joked, rubbing Robyn's back as they turned around.

What Robyn was hoping for a bit of privacy as she vomited, but the sight in front of her made her realise she didn't get that. All 5 men were standing a few feet away from Ellie and Robyn, many of their faces etched with a mixture of dread, disgust and sympathy. Yet, Ian was chuckling.