x. the rescue

IT FELT LIKE ROBYN HAD BEEN HANGING FOR HOURS BUT IN REALITY IT HAD ONLY BEEN ABOUT HALF AN HOUR

IT FELT LIKE ROBYN HAD BEEN HANGING FOR HOURS BUT IN REALITY IT HAD ONLY BEEN ABOUT HALF AN HOUR. It was long enough for Robyn to lose enough blood for her to feel nauseous. She was still hanging over the edge when she heard a jeep drive up on the top of the cliff.

She used all her strength to try and haul herself up on the rope but she ended up flopping back down. Her head tilted back to see a large drop, full of rocks and bushes. A drop that would surely kill her if she landed straight on her head or neck.

"Help!" Robyn screeched, her voice scratchy and oozing with pain. "Please God, somebody, help me!"

She heard a pair of footsteps rushed towards the edge of the cliff. "Robyn?!" The familiar voice of Ellie called out in distress. "We're gonna get you, sweetie. Just hang on, okay?"

She almost laughed at accidental pun the scientist made but her head hurt too much for that. "Trust me, I will," she weakly called back.

The wire that was holding her began to lift up, the thick wire beginning to rub harshly at the woman's ankle. Robyn used her hands to support herself on the wall as she ascended. Ellie and Robert hauled Robyn over the edge of the cliff and cut the wire off her leg. She was left with a nasty bruise and most definitely a twisted ankle. The young blonde clasped onto her older friend as tears slid down her cheeks.

"It was a disaster, El," Robyn choked out. A gasp flew out of her mouth as if a lightbulb had just lit above her head. She painfully stood up yet her ankle gave out immediately. Determined, Robyn stumbled painfully away from the destroyed confinement.

"Robyn, stop. We've got to get you off of your foot before you make it worse," Ellie steady Robyn as she nearly tumbled to the wet ground. She searched the area until she saw what she was looking for. With a sob, she landed on her knees and pulled the palm leaves off of his body.

Or what was left off it. Her best friend, Jimmy Franks' remains. It was a bloody scene before her, blood and guts and limbs and flesh all over the ground and jeeps, but she couldn't tear her eyes away from it. She hated herself. She should've shouted for him, she shouldn't have lashed out before the whole incident, she should've just ignored his harsh words and moved on. There was a lot of things that if the opportunity arose, she would turn back time and change. But she couldn't, and now the only frequent person in her life was gone and she could never get him back.

"Who is that, Robbie?" Ellie asked, warily.

Robbie. Robyn pushed herself from the ground once more and rushed over to the destroyed toilet huts, exploring the ruins until she saw him. Lying peacefully until the fallen thatched roof and leaves was Ian Malcolm.