vi. the kids

THE GROUPS ALL BUT RUSHED OUT OF THE SECLUDED DINING AREA ONCE AFTER JOHN

THE GROUPS ALL BUT RUSHED OUT OF THE SECLUDED DINING AREA ONCE AFTER JOHN. "Isn't this everyone?" Robyn questioned to no one in particular, picking up her camera from the table and following behind the group.

Ian heard and slowed his pace to walk alongside her. "I, uh, guess not. Who else do reckon he's got roped into this?" He joked.

Robyn snorted, her head falling back, her blonde locks falling behind her back. "Hopes it's not another chaotician. Don't think we could handle another one of you around."

Ian smirked. "You won't be saying that when you met my kids."

Robyn's brows rose in surprise. "You have kids?"

Ian nodded his head. "Three, actually. A girl and two, uh, boys. All lovely kids, really. I don't see my boys much though. Uh, their mother moved them all to a different country."

"And your daughter? Do you and her mother live together?" Robyn asked. An odd heaviness weighed over her head and she felt her heart clench as she asked the question. She didn't know why but she tried to ignore it.

Ian chuckled. "Uh, no. She ditched us when she gave birth to Kelly. So it's just me and her."

She felt relieved for some reason. Why though? "That's lovely, Ian. I love kids. I always wanted a daughter - like a mini-me," Robyn grinned, thinking about the daughter she hadn't had. "I would teach her all about animals and dinosaurs too, but you know, if she wanted to play with Barbies, then who am I to say no."

Ian grinned down at the blonde Australian. "You got it all figured out then, hey, Robbie."

The blonde shrugged. "A woman can hope," She chuckled, fiddling with her camera lens. "Hey, stop right there," she ordered Ian who immediately spotted in his tracks.

"What, uh, is it? Is it a spider or - or something? If so, get it off me," Ian calmly spoke but he seemed stressed by Robyn's order.

"No, silly," Robyn giggled, lifting her camera to her eye. "Smile!"

Ian rolled his eyes playfully. "I can't smile on demand, sweetheart."

Robyn pouted. "For me?" With another playful eye roll, Ian grinned, holding up a peace sign in the air.

"Good enough," she teased with a smirk.

Ian gasped dramatically. "How dare you?! You seen this face? It's worthy of Vogue."

Robyn snorted loudly, quickly covering her mouth in the process. Before she could reply, Jimmy shouted for her. "Robbie, look who it is!"