ix. the t-rex

THE CLOUDY SKY WAS SOON REPLACED WITH A DARK NIGHT SKY AS THE JEEPS CONTINUED DOWN THE TRACK

THE CLOUDY SKY WAS SOON REPLACED WITH A DARK NIGHT SKY AS THE JEEPS CONTINUED DOWN THE TRACK. Rain beat down on the roof of the car, soothing Robyn's mood. Robyn had calmed down slightly from Jimmy's confrontation thanks to Ian's jokes and Alan's confused responses.

In the front jeep, the three adults could see Tim and Lex play fighting in the back seat. Robyn chuckled at the sight, thinking about her future.

"Do you have any kids?" Alan asked Ian, curiously.

"Me? Hell yeah. Three. I love kids," Ian spoke so fondly of his children, warming Robyn's heart. Ian unscrewed the top of his flask and took a swig of it. "Anything at all can and does happen. Same with wives, for that matter."

"You're married?" Alan questioned after declining the flask that Ian offered.

Ian sighed. He offered the flask to the backseat for Robyn. Robyn thanked him quietly and took the metal bottle and took a quick swig from it before placing it back. "Occasionally. I'm always on the lookout for a future ex-Mrs. Malcolm," Ian twisted his neck to wink at Robyn. The blonde smiled, a blush fanning over her face. Ian laughed at Alan's expression. "Would Dr Morris, uh, be interested in such an offer?"

Robyn snorted, falling back in her chair with a laugh. Both cars suddenly jerk to a stop and the screen turned black. "Hey, what'd I touch?" Alan exclaimed, raising his hands.

"Uh, uh, you didn't touch anything. We stopped," Ian observed, looking out of his window. Robyn followed his gaze to see they had stopped outside the T-Rex confinement. Alan reached for the radio and tested it but with no results. Alan opened his door and rushed over to the other car. "Hey, uh, are you feeling better?"

She sighed as she leant forward, her cheek resting against the side of the driver's seat headrest to look at Ian. "Yeah, I'll live, I suppose. I guess when we leave here, I'll have to kick Jimmy out of my digging team."

Ian chuckled, rolling his head back on his headrest to look at Robyn. "Well, if you ever, uh, need a replacement, I'll happily join for you."

Robyn smiled. "Sure, a chaotician with a bunch of palaeontologists, that will go down wonderfully."

"Hey!" Ian placed a hand over his heart, faux offended. "You dated a, uh, a chaotician before. If you liked him at the start, then you'll like me."

She rolled her eyes. "Just because I like you doesn't mean my team will, does it?"

Ian grinned, twisting his body to face the blonde fully. "Ah, so you like me then?"