Chapter 4: Separated

Starting with this chapter, I'm going to be switching perspectives, so it won't just be in Al's point of view. Like it'll switch between Krell *vomit*, Aayla, Red Hawk (you'll meet him later), and others like Ahsoka and Barriss.

Two more years later...

"Feint left! No right! Oh, that's gonna hurt."

Caleb groaned and stood up. "It's hopeless. I'll never be as good as you."

Ahsoka rolled her eyes. "Snap out of it Caleb. We get assigned to our own personal Masters tomorrow and if you want to get chosen you need to step up your game."

"I could run away!" said Caleb. "Change my name and befriend a pilot! I'd be...um...Kanan! Yeah!"

"Knock it off!" said Al, flicking him on the head. "You are not running away and you are not changing your name. You're a great fighter. Try again."

Caleb groaned. "I'll never be a Knight."

"Sure you will!" said Ahsoka reassuringly. "You just have to be a padawan first."

"It takes time," said Al kindly. "You just have to believe in yourself, and that will open up a world of possibilities."

Caleb smiled. "We're still gonna be friends right? Us three?"

"Of course," said Ahsoka. "Now, let's work on your stance. It's a little off, try this-"

Al watched Ahsoka help Caleb with attacking and striking. He was really good, she wondered why he doubted himself. It was getting pretty late, and after a while, she felt her eyelids begin to drop.

"We should go back to the sleeping quarters," said Ahsoka. "Our test is tomorrow."

Caleb nodded, looking upset.

"You'll be great!" said Al with a smile. "Come on. I'm exhausted and I don't want to be tired for the test tomorrow."

<~>

Pong Krell hated clones. And ever since the Republic used them after the Battle of Geonosis (which he was NOT a part of, thank goodness), they had become even more irritating. For starters, they all have the same face. What's the deal with that? And their nicknames drove him insane. Why couldn't they just use their birth numbers? It would make everything easier to remember numbers instead of names. He had never approved of the Republic's decisions, and frankly he didn't even agree with the Council on many terms. He did get his own cruiser, the Victory. He loved victory. It sang like early morning birds in his ears. Krell didn't like when people lost under his command. No, he hated when people lost under his command. It made him look bad.

And no one made him look bad but himself.

"General Krell," said his admiral. "Incoming transmission from the Council."

"I will take it," Krell said coldly, cringing at the sound of his incompetent admiral. He walked to the hologram generator and pressed a button receiving the transmission. Masters Windu and Yoda's blue images flickered to life. "Masters, this is...unexpected."

"We have urgent news," said Windu, crossing his arms. "The new issue of Jedi padawans will be tested for their skills tomorrow. One of them will be put under your command."

"What?" said Krell, trying not to sound irritated and failing. Him? A padawan? What were they thinking?

"Easy, this will not be," said Yoda, sensing his anger. "Train them well, you must."

"I do not need a padawan learner," Krell said firmly, trying to hold back his anger.

"Whether you need one or not, you will receive one," said Windu coldly. "That is all." They disappeared.