Chapter 9: A New Friend

Barriss waited for Ahsoka, tapping the data-pad on her knee. She was patient, and she didn't mind waiting. It was nice and quiet on the nice early Coruscant morning. She sat up straighter as each person walked by her, showing off proper posture. She glanced over and noticed Ahsoka walking towards her. She stood up and smiled. "Good morning Ahsoka."

"What's so good about it?" Ahsoka muttered, rubbing her eyes. "I stayed up to late."

"Master Skywalker told you to rest."

Ahsoka gave her an 'are you serious?' look. "I know. But the Twilight needed fixing and there was no one else to do it so, here I am."

Barriss smiled. "Shall we then?"

"Yeah, sure."

They walked quietly to the shipyard, secretly anxious and excited together, not really knowing what was going to happen. Barriss had never seen this Krell character ever in her life, nor had she heard of him. As they boarded the small shuttle that would take them to Krell's command ship blockading Coruscant, Barriss looked down at the data-pad she was holding and raised her eyebrows. "That's strange."

"What is?" Ahsoka asked, sitting down and patting the seat next to her. 

Barriss sat down and handed Ahsoka the data-pad. "The instructions changed. We're supposed to deliver this to a Red Hawk."

"Sounds like a clone," Ahsoka muttered. "Weird. Let's just do what it says and get this nightmare over with." 

Barriss nodded, a flash of annoyance crossing her mind. Why had they changed it? She shook her head. It didn't matter. What did matter was getting this to the proper person and getting them back. Barriss cast a glance at Ahsoka, who was flicking through the data-pad with a strange look on her face. 

"What's wrong?"

Ahsoka looked up at her. "Nothing. It's nothing. Oh look, we're here."

The area of space outside Coruscant was truly incredible with the whole entire Republic fleet bordering the planet. It was sort of intimidating, and Barriss sat up a little straighter. Ahsoka slumped as the hanger doors opened and the ship landed. The clones looked up as Barriss and Ahsoka left the ship. They stood there awkwardly until Ahsoka raised a feeble hand and waved. 

"Um, hello."

Nobody moved. It was as if they hadn't been addressed by a lifeform in ages. Ahsoka lowered her hand and continued confidently. "Well um, we need to talk to a Red Hawk for the status reports for this month. Does anyone know where he is?"

It was silent for a moment before one clone spoke up feebly. "He's on the bridge I think."

"Thank you," Barriss said politely. 

The clone seemed anxious and began to vigorously moping the spotless floor area as if someone would shoot him down if he didn't. Ahsoka gave Barriss a 'let's get out of here' look, which Barriss nodded inconspicuously in agreed response. The two walked as fast as they could through the hanger, while also trying to not seem rude. Once they reached the halls of the ship, they both let out long sighs and burst into slightly silent giggles, Ahsoka clinging to the data-pad for dear life. 

Once they collected themselves, Barriss commented on the strange encounter. "That was strange."

"They looked like we were serial killers or something." Ahsoka looked at the data-pad she was holding. "Come on, let's get to the bridge. If this Red Hawk character is even there."

<~>

Red Hawk felt the blood rush into his head and realized that this might not be the best way to train someone how to use the Force. "Are you gonna put me down now?"