Part 1 - I. Hate. Mornings.

I grunted as I heard my alarm clock go off. I peeked an eye open to see the time: 6:30 a.m.

I. Hate. Mornings.

I got off my comfy bed and stumbled towards the bathroom. I did my daily routine of cleaning up and taking a warm shower.

I settled for a cozy, oversized baby pink sweater and black skinny jeans and completed the look with a pair of sneakers. I tied my hair in a high ponytail. Makeup ain't required.

My hair was wavy-straight, silky, chocolate brown with a tinge of black in them. I loved them.

I got downstairs taking my bag and putting my phone in my pocket. It was 7 by the time I got there, which means I had further 15 minutes before I leave. Good.

Yeah, a control freak move, I know.

I got down to be greeted by the same sight that I get every morning. My dad reading newspaper with my mum in the kitchen, preparing breakfast.

My dad chirped when he saw me, "Morning, Honey!"

"Morning, dad." Was my less enthusiastic reply as happened to be every other teen's reply in the morning, then I went over to give him a peck on the cheek before settling down on the chair.

I was very grumpy in the morning.

My dad chuckled and said, "Well, pancakes it is, then."

Okay. Now, I woke up. I mean who wouldn't? We are talking about pancakes, for God's sake.

"I already have them ready, Christine. Have learnt the fact to know better after 12 years of living with you, honey." My mum said out aloud from the kitchen with a laughter.

Okay, that didn't mean that I was twelve. That meant that I was adopted at the age of five. Yep

But I wouldn't like to go there, because I won't be able to travel the road of the past without a teary eye.

I went over to her in the kitchen and the smell of pancakes instantly filled my senses and my mouth watered. Something I loved more than binge watching The Vampire Diaries over and over again was probably pancakes.

Though it got even better when both the things were mixed together and then
done, trust me, it's a mood.

"Thank you, mum. I really needed them." I thanked her giving her a peck on the cheek.

I was more than grateful for the parents for whom I was as much as their own daughter as much they were my very own parents.

We sat together at the table and chatted about my school which mostly contained them talking about how I always am locked up either in my room or in the library,
so I really should go out more often.

Weird, I know.

My parents always thought I was an over-achiever and were extremely proud of me. Well, whatever floats their boat but I knew I was just another student who got passable grades.

Seeing that it was time to leave, I started getting up, ready to leave.
I bid my parents goodbye and exited the house.

I got in my black Volkswagen T-Roc, my baby, and drove off to school. It was a ten-minute drive. I parked the car and got out to enter my school; Flagstaff High School. That's right, I live in one of the best towns, Flagstaff.

I love my school, by the way. Apart from going there since I came to live in the town, it has further more reasons so as to why I love it, one of them being Noah Ralph.

Upon entering the school, I was greeted by my overly-chirpy-even-in-the-morning best friend. "Hey, partner." She grinned.

Stacy, my best friend was a very beautiful blonde who was too sweet, given you were the same, or her wrath was worse than mine, and that's saying a lot.

I did not have anger issues and neither did she. It was just that we had a bad temper but unlike others, we didn't snap, in fact, we had a great tendency to control our rage.

We could bury it, which helped us a lot in preventing ourselves from punching the queen bitches repeatedly, who used to pick on us for no given reason.

Stacy and I had many things in common. We got acceptable grades, we were cool (even if others had varying opinions), we were occasionally disturbed by the pathetic excuses of girls who wore little to no clothes.

The only thing we didn't have in common was that she was an extrovert and I was selectively social, a fact that she loathed. I preferred books over parties and staying in, instead of going out.

Mood, I know.

"Hello, Stace. I know you are happy that you have a date tonight, but apparently, others don't share the same enthusiasm you have and usually do every morning." I grumbled.

"I really know how to change your mood, babe." She trailed off pointing her head in the direction of a person I knew all too well.

And her trick of cheering me up worked. Thank you, best friend. I mentally sighed.

There stood, in all his glory, Noah Ralph.