Part 6 - Noah

6) Noah.

Noah's POV:

I was going down the hallway with my earplugs on, scrolling through the party invitations I had got in the last three days.

I looked up from the phone when I heard dull thud. I looked around and my eyes met with the most beautiful sea green orbs I had ever seen.

The girl whom they belonged to was shoved by one of the sluts and I had a strong, no, a very strong urge to go to them and get them away from her.

Her eyes, that held a thousand strong emotions in them, burned into mine, before she looked away and turned her face into an expressionless mask.

She was beautiful.

Was she in this school? How come I had never known her? Who was she?

I looked at the scene playing in front of me. The girl replied with so much confidence in her voice, while she was walking down the hallway, "You'd get a better answer if you direct the same question to Mr. Edward and let me also know what crime did I commit that he gave me such a disgusting punishment of him sitting next to me."

That's when I knew that I was the reason for whatever she had to go through. And that's when it dawned on me that she was the same girl who was sitting beside me in Calculus. These sluts truly are bitches, I mean I just sat next to her.

One thing I couldn't wrap my mind around was the fact that she looked at me in the eye as if it was her habit, looking for me, looking at me.

When I further went in rest of my classes, I zoned out time and again, thinking about the girl. When the school was over, my best friend, Ron joined me. He punched me in the arm while walking towards the exit.

I threw him an irritated look, "What the fuck was that for, dude?" He gave me an incredulous look before saying, "I have been speaking to you for the past five minutes, are you a zombie or what? Why are you zoning out?" I huffed, "Do you know that girl, the one with the mesmerizing orbs?" Next to me, Ron started laughing hysterically, and I looked at him as if he dad grown two heads.

"What?" I asked annoyed. "That's how you describe a girl, as if she ain't a person but some object?" He asked and I shrugged. He went on, "Ah, yes. Christine. Turns every guy down that approaches her. She really has beautiful eyes, doesn't she?" He said, staring in the distance.

That adoration in his eyes did not give me a good feeling. Christine. I see. "Yeah, whatever, let's leave." I said, changing the subject.

Later that night, I went to a club and again had a meaning less one-night thing to get my minds off of things, of her. This is my thing, my haven to get away. But the only thing that bugged me was that this time it just didn't help. I have no idea why.

***

The next day, I found myself waiting for her in the school. I looked up from my phone every few minutes to check if she was here. I was sitting in a corner, and when I looked up the next time, there she was staring at me, but as soon as I looked at her, she averted her gaze and went ahead.

I checked her out but that beautiful body of hers was covered in a baggy sweater and skinny jeans and she looked so cozy and cute.

Wait, where did that come from? Just imagine I did not say that.

The few periods went by, with a lot of flirting and eyelash-bating thing and it was English now. Probably the only good subject in existence.

I entered the class and my eyes scanned the place. I saw Christine on a seat busy assembling her stuff. I went and sat next to her as an instinct. She took out her stuff and put them on her table and then she noticed my presence.

Her eyes widened infinitesimally when she saw me, before she looked away and put her guard high up. I took my seat and I was getting a liquid-y feeling from our proximity.

Gawd. I am such a girl.

The time passed and she seemed oblivious to me being there just like I was the previous day. She was taking down the notes and I was staring at her, observing her beautiful features.

As if on cue, she turned to peek at me and saw me looking at her. If she made something out of it, she did not show it.

I wanted her attention and also had some questions that need to be answered, so I asked, "So I am a disgusting punishment, huh?"

I expected her to cower away or flirt but what she said next was definitely not what I thought she would say.