Part 10 - Better Outings

Part 10) Better Outings.

The next day when I woke up, something was unusual. Today, the first person who usually made an appearance in my mind did not make one.

Today, I didn't think about Noah.

If I could give an explanation for this, it would probably be because of a certain person who was towering over me, aka, the person who woke me up at 5 in the morning.

By sitting on my stomach.

I opened my eyes with a glare towards Roger, "The hell, Roger? Trust me, I am never late for school."

He chuckled. For someone who is not a morning person, he seemed to be in quite a good mood.

He laughed, "Yeah, that's because I knew I was waking up for a reason, that involved spending time with my favourite person."

Did I say that out loud?

"What is it, Rog?"

He chirped, "Come on, we are gonna go for a jog and some exercise. Now, get your lazy but hot ass out of the bed."

I rolled over, pushing him off of me and buried my head in the pillow, "No, not at all."

He rolled me over again, and sat on me, successfully straddling me. "You are coming with me. We have already had this discussion, you need to keep practicing the self-defence that I teach you, especially after what happened to you."

I scoffed, "That's old news, buddy. Get over it."

But it seemed like he did not share the same thoughts as I did on the subject, telling by the intensity with which he was looking at me right now.

He leaned forward and said, with a dark look, "Old? It is, but I swear to God, Christine, I will never let that happen to you, ever again." I gulped.

"It was not your fault, you didn't even know me then." I whispered.

But he ignored that.

Obviously.

Then he leaned back and said, "And I teach you every time I visit, so you are not getting away with this, you know that." 

I huffed before pushing him off with a good force which made him drop off the bed. He gave me a look.

I shrugged, "You taught me moves, serves you right."

He chuckled, got up and said, "I'll be waiting downstairs. Fifteen minutes." With that he left.

I rolled my eyes and ascended towards the bathroom. I groaned. Again, so much of hard work. Why does he need to be over-protective all the damn time?

I brushed my teeth and freshened up. Then I went to pick the outfit. This is probably the only time when I wear the clothes that fit me perfectly.

I did not usually wear them because comfy is my style. But I still picked a white tank, crop top and a pair of leggings.

I put my hair in a high ponytail and grabbed my phone and earplugs because working out without music is an even bigger punishment than working out itself.

When I went downstairs, I saw Roger waiting for me, scrolling through his phone. He looked up when he saw me approaching him. His eyes roamed all over my body.

And it was not in a friendly, or just-approving way.

"Ahem, shall we?" I cleared my throat to get his attention, not that I already had it, but it was where I did not need it.

He looked up at me with an intense look.

And I did what I thought was pretty stupid.

I showed him a peace sign with a smile.

I mentally face-palmed myself when he laughed at my stupid move. "So.." and then he left it hanging.

I clicked my fingers in front of his face with a smirk, "Get out of the daze, hun, I know I am hot." I smirked and with that, I plugged in my earphones and started jogging, leaving behind a dumbstruck Roger.

After running for about twenty minutes next to each other, we came to our usual training spot, a place in our locality which was open for people if they pay.

It was not exactly a gym, but contained further more equipment to differentiate it from one.

When we went in, I heard Roger groan and then he said, "And here's the con of bringing a girl with you, now these bastards are gonna stare and drool."

I smirked at him, "Just like you did."

He gave me a look. And when I looked around, I understood what he meant.

Well, Roger was at fault here, because there was not a single girl here, which has happened a lot of times before.

He grabbed me by the elbow and whispered, "Stay close all the time." And I rolled my eyes.

You see? That's why this place was different than a gym, a place where girls usually didn't come.

He placed his hand at the small of my back and led me towards the training area. We trained for an hour or so, which mainly included me making my body used to this labour for the next few days and Rog teaching me how to use the new equipment.

When we were done, I was tired. And it was just the beginning of the day. Hence the reason why Roger was currently giving me a piggyback ride on the way home.

And also the reason why I was shouting, "I swear to God, Roger, if you drop me!"

He chuckled, "You think? Babe, you weigh nothing."

I rolled my eyes. Show off.

I know that was a bit too far. But why walk when you can have a ride this way, whenever you wish?

He lowered me again and though I am not a girly girl, I was still afraid of the asshole-level madness Roger's acts could reach, so I let out a screech.

Roger laughed again. "Roger." I whined. "Listen here, Sir, if you don't stop this stupid thing, I will put my saliva in your hair, that you spent hours styling, still it's such a pity that no girl noticed." I ended the sentence with a laugh.

His reply made me think of possibilities that I didn't want to think of.

"You did. That's enough for me."