Part 9 - Outings, or not?

Part 9) Outings, or not?

Christine's POV:

When I went to school, I was ecstatic.

I ran to Stacy and hugged her tightly.

I squealed, leaving all my dignity behind, "Guess what? Noah asked me if we could go out after school, like together." She seemed to share my happy mood and joined me in my dance.

"Really? I am so happy, babe." I grinned, "I know, right! He just suggested if we could go out as a way to make up for whatever he had done. Oh. My. God. Only if he knew what happiness it gave me!" I gushed.

***

The whole day went very well. I was excited. I couldn't even concentrate on the stuff around me. I am so sick of my high-school-girl-behaviour, I swear to God. But that is the mood I was in.

When the school got over I went outside and waited for him in my car.

Ten minutes.

Twenty minutes.

Thirty minutes.

The school was almost empty.

I got out of the car and surveyed the parking area and saw that his bike was gone. It was never there to begin with. And the realization hit me like a ton of bricks.

He stood me up.

He never had an intention of going with me. That make up thing was bullshit.

God. How can I be so stupid to think that someone like him would go anywhere with me, ever?

I sat in my car and drove off. I was hurt. He probably would be somewhere drinking and banging around.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

From now on, I compelled myself to forget about that incident and make myself busy. With that thought, I parked my car in my house's driveway.

When I went in, I was engulfed in a very familiar hug. I laughed, my mood lifted instantly.

I pulled away, "Roger? Why aren't you somewhere out, enjoying your day?"

He grinned, "I'd rather spend it with my best friend. Mrs. Robins is always boasting about how she can bake and Mrs. Taurus is always trying to set me up with her grand daughter." He looked in the distance and grimaced.

I laughed, "Why, isn't her grand daughter hot or something?"

He gave me a look, "Dude, she is thirteen." Oops.

"Well, that is messed up." I snickered.

"Anyways. What are we doing today?" He asked.

"I don't know. In or out?"

"In, for today. Let's watch a movie, or something."

I shrugged, "Cool. Let me change first."

With that, I went to my room and he went towards the tv. I decided to wear one of Roger's grey hoodies that I had stolen when he came.

Comfy, very comfy. It stopped a bit above my knees. With that, I wore a pair of leggings.

When I came out, he was already sprawled on the sofa choosing a movie. When he saw me, his eyes shone. "Ah. I love that on you." He said while pointing a finger at me.

I shrugged, "It's way too cozy to not wear and I love the cologne of the person who wears it."

He grinned. "Well, I do too."

"Because I gifted it to you, asshole." I deadpanned.

I went over and curled on the other side of the sofa, "So, what are we watching?"

"If it's a movie, what about Mockingjay? I love that." I suggested.

He raised an eyebrow, "Okay, and exactly how many times have you watched it, apart from the four times that you watched it with me?"

"Shut up." I grumbled.

We finally settled on a common movie. By the time it ended, we were both next to each other on the sofa.

Now, we both were hungry.

I looked at Roger and he looked at me, together we grinned, "Pancakes!"

We strolled into the kitchen. I sat on the island again while he started taking out the ingredients for making pancakes out of the refrigerator.

He raised an eyebrow at me before raising an eyebrow, "I know you are a disaster in the kitchen but helping me won't hurt, you know."

"Okay. What shall I do? Like sit here and wait for you to complete these pancakes or sit in the living room and wait for you to complete these pancakes?"

He gave me a look and deadpanned, "Your hand-lending attitude actually touches my heart, but I guess it misplaced a bit." I rolled my eyes at his remark.

He looked at me with a straight face and said, "Do you have a twitch?"

I gave him an incredulous look, "A what?"

He replied, "A twitch. Your eyes keep wiggling around."

I scoffed, "Whatever, jerk."

With that I got off and walked out of the kitchen leaving a laughing Roger behind me.

A few minutes later, he came in with two plates stacked with pancakes. They smelled heavenly. He placed the plate in front of me and I grinned at him.

I hungrily took a bite and held back a moan. It tasted so good. But I was never going to admit that to him so I said, "My expectations from you were low to begin with, and you have met them every time." I smirked.

He gave me a know evil-grin and said, "Oops, wipe the drool you have there from eating my unearthly pancakes. And you better don't get me started on expectations." He scoffed and I scowled.

"Whatever." I mumbled and then we enjoyed each other's company over pancakes. And then I realized something, no matter how small that part of me was that agreed on it.

I didn't need Noah all the time and everywhere.

This was home.