Merry Christmas

Finn's house

Finn opened the door, and then both him and his daughter shuffled in, covered in snow and shivering. As usual, they'd made snow angels, but the snow has been falling so thickly Grace had started worrying that they would be buried alive, so they had to come back in.

"Can we have hot chocolate?"

"Sure, but you need a change of clothes first- wear your jumper!" He called after her, as she was already tearing away at the word 'change'. Finn smiled, shook his head, and went up to his room.

Meanwhile, Grace had flung half her wardrobe onto the floor in search for her Christmas jumper. Her Dad had bought it for her last year, and they had matching ones: Hers said "Little Snowman" with, conveniently, a little snowman on the front, and Finn had a jumper with "Big Snowman" written on the front, and a (bet you didn't guess) big snowman.

James and Riley's house

"Hey Georgie!" Piper picked the two year old up, cuddling him whilst he laughed happily.

"Hello Auntie Pippa" He immediately went for the earrings, pulling on the small hoops painfully.

"Oh, ow, ow ow. Georgie don't do that please."

"Sorry. Wanna see my train?" The young boy climbed off her lap, toddling over to the Thomas The Tank Engine that had been thrown to the side.

He very quickly lost interest in his Aunt, instead content with driving the train around the track, stopping at each station with a high-pitched scream.

"Georgie, could you not scream so loudly please." Riley, rubbed her stomach and shot James a glare. "I can't believe you taught him that."

"James taught Piper the goldfish song when she was that age. I could have killed him." Deborah chimed in.

"I thought I was a great singer, Mum!" Piper laughed, as her nephew swung Thomas The Tank Engine painfully into her foot. "Ow!"

"We all know I was the musician of the family, Pipes." Her older brother laughed, shortly before his phone chimed in his pocket. He ignored it, and carried on the conversation, but then the second sibling in the room felt her phone vibrate against her hip.

Trying to remain subtle, she checked the notification.

I warned you. You're going to have to do more than hang up on me to stop that video going to your boy toy. 6 pm. Tonight. You know the drill.

"Piper? Is everything alright?" Deborah asked, and she realized that she'd spaced out.

"Oh yeah, everything's fine."

Flashback

"I knew you'd come." The eighteen year old spun around to see Drew leaning against the wall.

"Of course I did." She smiled at him as he stepped closer.

They were behind a restaurant just outside campus, where they had agreed to meet the previous day.

"I thought you would chicken out. Law students have a reputation for being boring."

Piper let out a chuckle. "Elle Woods wasn't boring."

"Who?"

"Nevermind."

"I need to ask you something."

"Go ahead."

Drew reached out a hand to stroke her face, using the other hand to pull her closer.