Why?

Flashback

"Stupid pushchair." Piper hissed, as Finn scooped up their infant in his arms and cooed at her.

"Okay A-troupe, we have some visitors!" Very faintly, you could hear Emily's voice through the studio doors.

"Let's go, I'll carry her and we can leave the pushchair here." He smiled, setting Grace down for a moment to unhook a bag and hand it to Piper. She felt genuinely happy, for the first time since seeing her baby sleeping in the crib next to her.

"Piper!!" Amy cried, rushing towards them when they appeared. She enveloped her bestie in a hug, whilst the rest of the team gathered round them.

"She's so cute!" Summer cried, looking at the bundle of blankets that was their daughter.

"For a baby." Richelle added, absent-mindedly placing her hand on Summer's back as she leaned forward.

"She looks just like you, Piper," Henry commented, smiling at the brunette.

"I think she looks more like Finn," Heath added, as Ozzy rolled his eyes.

"What you should really be asking, is how long until she can hang out with us Bros?"

This earned a lot of laughs towards the boy with glasses, who shrugged and grinned.

Amy, meanwhile, subtly ran her thumb over the dark circles under Piper's eye. "Are you okay?" She mouthed.

"I just gave birth," Came the silent reply, although there was clearly something else bothering her.

"Oh well done guys, she's adorable!" Nick smiled, nudging Emily to say something. Only to be nudged back with twice the force. "Ow.."

End of Flashback

3 days later

"Grace, go and tell Mummy to take you out for hot chocolate or something. Use the back door."

"Why?"

"It's a mission for the Ninja Princess."

"What kind of mission?"

Finn drew the curtains shut tightly as Piper came into the room.

"What's up?"

"My mum's coming."

She swore.

"Mummy! That's a naughty word!"

"Sorry, Grace."

The brunette had come round to see Grace, who was insisting she showed her the drawings she had done with her new colouring pencil kit.

Both of them grabbed their shoes and jackets and moved to the back door, whilst Finn let himself sink down against the wall and press his face into his hands.

The last time he'd seen his Mum, she'd thrown him out of the house, and he'd had to sneak in through the window to get his stuff.

Bzzzz

He got up.

Bzzzz

He walked to the door.

Bzzzz

He opened it.

Flashback

"Pipes, I think we should go home and you should rest. Stress isn't good for the baby." He nodded towards her stomach.