Chapter 1

You had been singing Così fan Tutte by Mozart, playing the part of Fiordiligi, the fiancé of Guglielmo. While you sang you had noticed a bushy red-haired man sitting in the front row, however, you thought nothing of this, focusing on the performance. It was at the end of the concert when you were leaving when you thought of the man and as if like magic he appeared.

"May I help you?" you enquire.

The man stopped in front of you, offering his hand to shake which you took. "I am Bob Terwilliger" he said "I loved your performance, as Fiordiligi, one of my favourite performances I have heard"

"Oh I am sure you are overexaggerating" you said, smiling.

"Not at all" Bob said, smiling. "On another hand, I wanted to ask if you would come to coffee with me" he suggested

You stood for a second hesitant and thinking if you would accept this offer. "Okay then" you said, taking out your phone and opening your diary. "I am free one o'clock tomorrow" you said, looking up at the man who had taken out a smart paper diary.

"The coffee shop at Springfeild mall?" Bob asked, his pen poised to write. You agreed and Bob wrote it down in his diary. "Have my number also if you wish to reschedule" Bob added, slipping a piece of paper into your hand.

"Thank you, I will see you then" you said.

"Until tomorrow" Bob replied, tucking his diary in his pocket and walking down the street. You walked toward your car, this would be your first date in a while, you were excited, however, slightly worried, but you could always text one of your friends if he turned out to be a creep.

Pulling into the driveway, you could barely keep your eyes open, that night was the last performance of a week of late-night singing and you were exhausted. Taking out your keys, you let yourself in and lock the door behind you. You did not bother to eat, instead, flopping onto the bed and falling asleep without even taking off your clothing.

The next morning you woke at up at 11 am, you needed the rest and staying up this early was a rare luxury so you enjoyed it by taking out your phone and scrolling through social media. You thought for a second before going on Facebook and looking up Bob's name. Nothing. You tried a few other social media apps but again he did not come up. You shrugged, guessing he must be a private person and slowly got out of bed and getting dressed. Although you could drive, you decided to walk to the mall. The streets were packed with people as you walked through town and into the shopping centre. More people surrounded you and taking your time you managed to navigate through the crowds, making it to the coffee shop.

Your eyes immediately fell on Bob who sat outside the main shop with a paper in his hand. You sat opposite him and Bob folded the paper, sending you a smile.

"(y/n)" he said with a smile.

"It is nice to see you Bob" you said, ordering from a waiter, Bob already had tea in front of him which was only slightly drunk.

"The performance is still running through my head" Bob said, picking up the cup and watching you slightly over the rim of it. "I very much enjoyed it"

"I am so glad" you said, smiling brightly.

"Do you like Mozart?" he asked.

"I do, yes" you said. "To sing though I prefer Gilbert and Sullivan. What about you?"

"I love all opera, but I agree with you, I am a great enjoyer of Gilbert and Sullivan, I have sang in productions of the Mikado" Bob said

"Whata part where you?" you asked, intrested.

"The titular part of Pish-Tush" Bob said. "Have you sang this particular light opera?"

"No I haven't" you said. "I have sang in Trial by jury as Angelina"

"What a wonderful character" Bob said.

"I did enjoy singing the part" you said, the drink being placed in front of you.

"A part of opera, what else do you sing?" Bob asked.

"Most things" you said, taking a sip of the liquid. "Butterworth, Britten, I am also called up by my friend who is a choral scholar if they need any more voices"

"You have a very large repertoire"Bob mused.

"I make sure that I sing most things so I can get the best opportunities." you said. "Unfortunately singers are not paid what they are worth" you said sadly

Bob nodded at this. "The sufferings from doing what you love"

"What about you?" you asked.

"Oh me?" Bob said. "I am a writer"

"That is intriguing" you said. "May I have read some of your work?"

"I highly doubt it" Bob said. "My books are mostly for students who study literature, poems and history"

"Fascinating" you murmured.

"It is sometimes, mostly I edit other's books and mark examination papers as three are no need for newly written textbooks at the moment" he sighed slightly.

You nodded, taking a sip of your drink and together you carried on talking about different subjects, learning more and more about each other until you both left and bid each other a deu.