Chapter 2

Bob had contacted you and offered to take you to a concert performing Bach's music. You agreed, counting down the days. You had never been to a live performance of Bach's music before and you knew the orchestra would be good.

Bob picked you up from your home on Evergreen terrace. He drove a smart red car that was clean both on the inside and outside. This man obviously cared about his appearance and luxury you thought as Bob pulled out of the street and toward the concert hall.

"Do you know in particular what they will be playing of Bach?" you asked.

"The tickets mention the harpsichord and snippets of his most famous pieces," Bob said as he parked the car.

"Will it be a real harpsichord?" you wondered.

"We will have to wait and find out" Bob commented, getting out of the car and taking your arm, guiding you into the hall.

You found your seats and you searched the stage, yes, there was the harpsichord. It had been a while since you had listened to a harpsichord and you relaxed in your seat. Bob sat beside you, a slight smile on his face.

The hall darkened slightly and the orchestra filled on. You had heard of this orchestra and they lived up to your expectations. The concert was well played, the harpsichord taking centre stage throughout. As the concert carried on, you felt Bob's hand slip in yours. They were soft and you smiled. Although you had both met once and texted it all seemed so natural between you both, you enjoyed the same things and could talk together for hours on different subjects. 

As the concert ended, Bob retrieved his hand from yours and you clapped as the orchestra bowed. You both had grins on your faces, having been listening to beautiful music for the past two hours. 

You both filed out of the concert hall and into the chilly night of Springfeild. You pulled your coat around you a little further as together you walk to the car, chattering about how good the concert was.

"That was amazing" you said, settling in the car seat. 

"I am glad you enjoyed it" Bob replied, starting the car and letting warm air fill the car. Peaceful silence filled the car as Bob wanted for the car to warm fully

"Would you like a drink?" Bob asked, cutting the silence.

"Yes please" you said. 

"I know a good bar which is close and usually, quiet" Bob said, turning the key fully and pulling out of the carpark and into the now empty street. Bob was right, it was close as you had only spent two minutes driving before he pulled up in a parking space.

You had never been in this bar before, it looked quite fancy. Bob was right, the bar was quiet and not very busy. Bob guided you to a booth and together you sat, your knees slightly touching.

"What would you like?" he asked. 

You said your choice of drink and he wandered off, coming back with your drink and a glass of wine which he placed down.

"Have you always been interested in classical music?" Bob asked as he settled down. 

"I have" you said, taking a sip of your drink, I was raised with all types of music, and classical stuck with me" You smiled. "What about you Bob?" you asked.

"I also was raised with classical music" Bob said, smelling the wine and taking a small sip. "My  parents thought it important to raise my and my brother with the finer things"

"I do not have any siblings" you said.

"They can be brats" Bob said. "Especially when younger"

"I can imagine" you said.

You both sat in silence for a little more, you both enjoying your drinks and each other's company. 

"So is Bob short fort anything?" you asked.

"Robert" Bob said. "You can call me either. My full name is Doctor Robert Terwilliger"

"A doctor" you mused, smiling.

"In classic literature yes" Bob explained.

"What did you write your doctorate on?" you asked, intrigued.

"I researched how social, economic and political problems and changes affected and influenced classic literature." Bob said, a small smile forming on his lips.

"Incredible" you said. Bob's smile grew at how fascinated and interested you were in him and his work.

"How about you?" Have you been to University?"

"To do music yes" you answered. "But it was only a masters"

Bob nodded, taking another sip of his wine and together you talked further on different subjects, from art, music and literature. The talking led you to you both having to be told to leave by the staff.

He smiles squeezing your hand.

'where should we go?' Bob says

'I'm not sure, I'm not that tired' you say looking at him.

'Why don't you come back to my place?' he asks.

You nod smiling at him.

Walking down the the street with him you walk up to his house. He unlocks the door and you walk in.

'Would you like a drink?' he asks walking into a kitchen 'we have a 2001 Red wine or if you want something a little stronger?'

'the red wine would be lovely ' you say, sitting on a sofa. The room was large, with a TV on one side and bookshelves on the other walls.

He had posters of different operas and paintings.

He comes in, two glasses in his hand and sits next to you, handing you the wine.

'cheers' you say.

You clink glasses and laugh a little.

'Do you want to watch anything?' he asked

'Something funny' you say.

He turns on the TV and puts on (Your favorate comedy show'.

You laugh along but soon fall asleep on his shoulder.