- sᴜᴘʀɪsᴇ · ᴍ.ʀ ·

This chapter does not contain sexual content. If you would like to move on to a smut then please do so.

requested by: Msvikings78 
^^^

I chewed on my lip as the test processed in my hand

I chewed on my lip as the test processed in my hand. When the two lines developed on the tiny screen, my heart beat picked up

"oh, no..." I muttered, standing up and pulling up my shorts. I wiped the tears that had unknowingly made their way down my face as a knock sounded on my door "Babe, I'm going in five." Mitch reminded, only making the urge to cry more harder to resist. "Coming." I said loud enough for him to hear, throwing the pregnancy test in the bin

I took a deep breathe and unlocked the bathroom door. "Everything okay?" Mitch asked. I plastered on a smile "Yeah, fine. Have you got everything?" I asked, changing the subject as Mitch grabbed my hand and walked me towards the door of our apartment "Yeah, I have everything I need. You promise you're gonna be okay for three months? I can cancel now if you want." Mitch suggested "No, no, no," I denied. A part of me wanted to tell him to stay, the other side told me to let him leave and achieve his dream. "I'll be fine. But, for the love of God, please come back."

Mitch chuckled, his hands cupping my face "I will always come back to you, y/n. Which explains the reason why you have a ring on your finger." He said, lifting up my left hand to admire the engagement ring. I smiled, remembering turning around on vacation to see the man of my dreams on one knee. His phone dinged and he pulled it out, sighing and looking back to me.

"I love you, y/n. I always will."

I smiled, starting to struggle with holding my tears back "I love you too, Mitch." I whispered. He bend down and pressed his lips to mine, my heart skipping beats as the familiar feeling of passion filled my body.

^^^
3 months later

"What should I do, mom? I love Mitch with everything I have but I have no idea of how he will react to the baby." I explained to my mother, tears falling down my face. My mom gave a sympathetic look and wiped my tears away with her thumbs "Don't cry, darling. It'll upset her." She said "Her?" I asked and she smiled "wishful thinking. Listen, Mitch is a wonderful man, and he's proved that. I think that he would stay by your side if you decided to keep the baby. If he doesn't, you can always come to me." Mom told me, pulling me in for a hug "He's coming home in about two weeks and he'll be all stressed and worked up depending on how his trip went. What if he gets angry and-" I started "Don't even go there, y/n. He would not do what you're thinking. If he did, he wouldn't get away with it," Mom cut me off before checking the time on her watch "I'm sorry, darling, but I have to leave."

"It's fine," I said as be both stood up. I opened the front door "Call me."

My mom smiled before leaving and making her way down the hallway. I sighed and leaned against the door, my hand on my stomach. At one point, I thought about the other option. But I completely cleared my mind. My love had already been split in two the day after Mitch had left.

^^^
2 weeks later

My knee bounced as I waited for a knock on the door, signifying my boyfriend and farther of my child was back.

Normally, I would be waiting in the hallway for him, so I can predict that he will see right through my fake smile.

A rapid knock finally sounded at my door and I took a deep breathe and walked towards the door, opening it. I smiled and pulled my boyfriend into our apartment, wrapping him in my arms. I could feel his wide smile against my neck before he pulled away "You didn't wait outside. Everything okay?" He asked "It is now," I replied "Don't get worried, but I need to talk to you."

I grabbed his hand and sat him down on the couch "You're not breaking up with me, right?" Mitch asked and I chuckled "I wouldn't dream of it. Look, I know you literally just got back, but I seriously need to tell you this before it's too late. I need you to promise that you won't get angry or upset with me," I started and I saw his eyebrows furrowed, practically seeing the thoughts of me cheating on him swirl in his mind "I didn't cheat."

"Oh, thank god."

"I'm... I took the test before you left." I said and I couldn't read the expression on his face as he understood "You're pregnant." He sighed "I'm sorry" I whispered and he gave me a look "Why are you apologising? Y/n we're gonna be parents." He smiled and I let out a sigh of relief, hugging him again "I thought you were gonna leave me." I admitted "I wouldn't dream of it, y/n," he repeated, pulling away

"I'm gonna be a dad."

———————————————————

I'm so bad at writing fluff, it's sad

Justice for Shukri Yahya Abdi 💗