Chapter 11 {The Beauty Is Quiet Like A Stone Statue}

~•~

~•~

"Ah I see....is that all?" She hummed, hiding behind a corner. She watched as more guards patrol the hallway.

"Yeah...they both survived and now at the Agency...though I don't doubt they will turn the girl into the military police" Hotoke sighed from the other line.

"Well, she did kill 35 victims and in such a short time. Especially at what? Her age? She's a threat..." Akane frowned, peaking from the corner.

"Shit.." She cursed as more guards appeared and coming straight at her too. The woman quickly used her ability to lift herself up and hide on the ceiling. The guards were clueless to her presence and continue their patrol beneath her.

"You okay?" Hotoke asked.

"Yeah...almost got caught"

"Maybe you're just rusty?" The information broker hummed putting a scowl on her pretty face.

"Like hell....it has been a while and they really tighten the security" she got down from the ceiling. The hallway was now empty except for the multiple surveillance cameras.

"Hotoke, the cameras"

"On it" the man hacked into the security system. "You got less than five minutes"

"More than enough" Akane grinned ferally as she dashes through the halls. As fast she went, she didn't make a single sound. A silent predator....

"Ten.....nine....eight.....seven" Hotoke counted down before cameras would be activated once again.

"Dammit" she bit her lips seeing she was still in the long halls. She would be exposed once the cameras are activated. Akane scolded herself mentally for panicking for a second there and quickly observed her surrounding. "Ah-ha" she smirked once she noticed an air vent. Using her ability, she quickly opened it and sneaked inside seconds before the cameras were activated.

"Just in the nick of time," the man said but she could hear the mockery in his tone. She clicked her tongue at it and silently cursed him inside her mind.

"And you should head straight before turning two rights" Hotoke instructed which she easily complied without hesitation. The security in the Port Mafia may be dangerous but luckily the air vents are quite safe since any intruders would usually have been already captured or exterminated before they could get even close. That and a certain incident thanks to a certain midget that Mori made sure the air vents are left untouched for certain reasons. And that's a story for another day.

"Akane?"

"Ah right. I already head straight and took two turns right" Akane informed.

"Then you'll be above the underground prison once you proceed forward and turn left at the next turn"