Chapter 14 {Second, An Ecstatic Detective Agency}

~ • ~

~ • ~

Meanwhile, the agency is at ease with their victory of retrieving their coworker. They have also received a new member.

"Remember Atsushi, you'll be the one to look after the girl" Kunikida patted on Kyouka's shoulders.

"What, me?" Atsushi pointed at himself in disbelief. "But didn't the President said she would be under Akane-san's mentorship?" He felt nervous at thought of handling another human being.

"Yes, but you were the one who saved her. Akane may be the one teaching her that ropes but..." The blond's man glasses glinted in the light, "..you'll be the one responsible for her safety. She is still under the Port Mafia's radar"

Atsushi slumped a little but he couldn't deny it, "...hai.." He couldn't sulk for long as they had some unexpected guests. Knocks came from the door before it was opened, revealing two members of the City Police Department.

"Excuse me!" A policewoman was the one who opened the door. She was also accompanied by a very familiar officer. "We're from the city police" the woman salute in greeting. Though the same couldn't be said for her companion as he merely kept his gaze downward.

"Oh, welcome!" Kenji, the precious sunshine greeted them back with an equally bright smile.

Ranpo, the genius yet narcissistic detective looked up from his newspaper and smiled cockily at the familiar-looking officer. "Oh? You're Minoura-kun. Your subordinate was arrested a while ago, right?"

Holding back his dissatisfaction, the old officer grunted, "we're here today on a different matter, detective". The man looked at the agents with nothing but serious professionalism, "we have a case"

"Is that so?" A voice sang behind them. The two police officers jumped at the sudden appearance. The older man twitches a little at the sight of the black-haired woman that he couldn't possibly forget especially with her sarcastic attitude. Akane smirked in glee, "then should I prepare some drinks so we could discuss the case?"

The unnamed policewoman cautiously looked at her before slowly shaking her head. "That won't be necessary but thank you for the offer" she politely declined.

"I see..." Akane hummed as she simply went straight into the room, coming in between the two officers and elegantly sat down upon her chair. "Then you should start talking...if it's so urgent" she crossed her legs and rest her elbow on her desk.

Kunikida glared at her in warning, "oi" but Minoura paid no mind to the woman's behaviours and looked at his companion. "A-Ah..right" she showed them a file that she was carrying when they first entered. "This contains the information on the case. This case....."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"They left as soon as they were done talking business without even having any tea" Kenji uttered as his gaze followed the two officers from the window. "I guess policemen in cities are busy"