PARALLEL LOVERS :: 008

The morning was colder than night. Yejin walked down the street, her hands in her pockets. A car pulled up beside her, it was Bora. Yejin got in and put on her seatbelt.

     "What happened to you last night?" Bora questioned. The car slowed to a stop at the red light.
     "I had a family emergency. Sorry, I couldn't come find you." Yejin lied. Bora nodded slowly, turning to face Yejin. With some small ounce of skepticism, Bora didn't want to make false accusations, so she stayed quiet.

     Pulling up at the high school, Yejin quickly got out and walked into the school side by side with Bora.

🌌

     "I know you enjoyed last night. Admit it, you miss hanging out with Yejin." Jimin said, walking beside Jungkook. Jungkook shook his head, "That was a one time thing, Jimin. I still don't trust her." Jimin frowned, "Why are you denying your feelings? I saw the way you looked at her. It was the exact same from sophomore year."
     Jungkook scoffed, "Jimin, you're trippin'." Jimin eyed him, a sigh coming out of his mouth, "Really?"

     "I know that if we were to hang out again, you'd be happy to hang out with her again." Jimin said.
     "I think you're talking about yourself, Jimin." Jungkook replied. Jungkook opened his locker and took out three textbooks for the first three hours of the day. Jimin frowned, "Now you're the one trippin'."

🌌

     "Hey, Yejin." Taehyung walked over. Yejin turned around, "Oh, hello, Taehyung." Yejin smiled. Bora raised a brow, watching what was happening intensely. Taehyung smiled, grabbing his camera, "Can I get a picture of you for the yearbook?" he stared at her with gazing eyes, admiration radiating off of him. Yejin smiled, "Uh, sure."
     "Great. Could you turn this way a little? Ou, and, let's be resourceful. Let's use your locker." Yejin moved to Taehyung's instructions with ease. Then he took the picture.

     "This is an amazing picture. Say, do you think I could use it to advertise for the school? We need more enrollment next year, and someone as pretty as you would get us plenty." he winked.
     "Ha, don't get too confident about my looks. But sure, you can use my picture." Taehyung nodded, "Thanks."

     "You talk to him like you guys are close." Bora said, her eyes full of jealousy and broken pride.
     "We talked a little bit at the party. But it wasn't something to set off a friendship." Yejin shrugged. She closed her locker and they walked over to Bora's.
     "You guys just talk like you've known each other forever."

🌌

     "Did you finish the practice test?" Jungkook asked Jimin.
     "Yeah. It's pretty easy." Jimin replied, sliding his phone in his back pocket. Jungkook groaned, "I don't get anything for this class. It sucks."
     "Why didn't you say anything last night? We could've studied."
     "Yeah, but we were hanging out. And Yejin was there, too." The true excuses Jungkook gave made Jimin laugh.
     "That doesn't mean we could have studied. If you're going to have an excuse, give a better one. I'll see you last hour." Jimin said, rushing off to his first hour.

     Jungkook continued his walk alone. His headphones were in and he walked through the halls of the school as students began to empty it slowly.

     "Hi, Jungkook." The male took his headphone out and looked to his side.
     "Yejin...hi," he replied. He stared down at her, having nothing else to say. She smiled at him, "I know we only hung out for one night and you're probably still skeptical of me, but, I just wanted to say hi."
     "Yeah...of course. Hi." With an awkward nod, she slowly backed away, wanting to avoid the rising awkwardness between them. She waved goodbye and went to class.