SWITCHED :: 014

"Yejin, try to remember." Mrs. Min said, sitting the girl down. Yejin made a face, "Remember what?" Mrs. Min walked away, pulling at her hair. How was she going to get Yejin to remember?"
"Mom, dad, you guys are scaring me." Yejin cried, getting up from the seat she sat in. Mrs. Min ran to the back of the room and came back with blueprints. Mrs. Min laid them out on a table, showing Yejin the build of the machine, showing her the drawn parts and how it was put together.

"Yejin, this is what is going to bring you home...your real home. Remember, Yejin." Yejin stayed silent, staring at the pictures and looking at Mr. and Mrs. Min.

"Woah, that was a close one." The Mins sighed for relief, "That was a close one. We're running out of time. We need to hurry. You guys need to leave." Mrs. Min said, disappearing into a room with her colleagues.

🥀

Yejin had gotten a text from Bora to meet up at the park. Yejin got ready and headed downstairs.

"Where are you going, Yejin?" Mr. Min questioned, stopping her at the door.
"Bora wants to hang out so I'm gonna go hang out."
"I don't think that's a good idea, Ye-"
"What do you have to say? You aren't my real father." Yejin said, his voice rising. Mr. Min looked down to his feet, some feeling of hurt rising in his nerves.

"I- I'm so sorry." Yejin stepped toward the adult.
"It's okay, Yejin. You're right. You can go out, just be safe, alright. We already had a close call earlier."
"I promise." Yejin said, giving Mr. Min a hug.

🥀

"Hey, Tae. Where's Bora?" Taehyung looked around, "Dunno. Maybe she's running a little late?" Taehyung took his phone out to read a message he had gotten. He placed his phone in his pocket and made a kissy face, "Soo," he dragged the word, "Bora said she can't make it anymore. But, uh, maybe we could hang out?"
"Sure, I guess we can." Yejin smiled. Taehyung put his hand out, his palm facing the sky. Yejin took his hand and they were off.

"So, where are we going to go?"
"Well, Bora wanted to go eat, but since she's not here, we should still make the reservation, shouldn't we?" Taehyung said, walking beside the girl. He nudged her to the side a little. Yejin nudged him back as if it would do anything.
"We shouldn't."

🥀

"Tell me, how are you doing? Since that day, I still worry about you." Taehyung said, wiping his mouth. Yejin played with her food after hearing the male, "I'm...I've been better. I'm sorry I scared you during that time." Yejin said, avoiding eye contact. Taehyung reached over, lifting her head up so they could make some eye contact, "Stop avoiding eye contact with me. Be confident, you have so much potential."
Yejin smiled, pulling away from Taehyung.

"I hope you guys enjoyed your meal." The waiter said, handing Taehyung hid card back.

"I could have paid half, Taehyung."
"And let a beautiful girl like you spend your money? Never." Taehyung flirted. Taehyung took Yejin's arms into his and led her outside.

"It's still bright out. Could I take some pictures of you?"
"Sure." Yejin smiled, following behind the male.
"Let's head back to my place so I can get my equipment. I have the perfect place to take your pictures." Yejin and Taehyung headed back to his place.

🥀

"She will be here soon, Jimin." Jimin rolled his eyes.

🥀

"Hey, Yejin. Surprised to see you here. Taehyung ask you out already?" Namjoon said, standing at the door of Taehyung's bedroom. Seokjin came up, "Oh, a girl? I'm guessing you must be the famous Min Yejin?"
"I wouldn't say famous." Yejin chuckled, pushing her hair back behind her ear. Seokjin walked in, "So, how is your brother doing? I haven't heard from him since he went to the states."
"He's doing good. He's visiting next weekend from what I've heard." Yejin replied, looking around Taehyung's room. It was the exact same from the night of the party. The room was more on the darker side, pictures hung from strings, pictures taped up on the walls, and four cameras sitting on some sort of hard wood surface.