SWITCHED :: 010

"He needs some time, Yejin. Don't worry." Jimin said, sitting beside the girl sitting alone on the train." Yejin sighed, "What's the point now. I've tried over and over, trying to prove myself and he will never trust me again."

   "Yejin, come over here!" Yejin followed Bora's voice behind the school. There, she saw Jungkook kneeled on the floor soaked in some smelly liquid. Yejin laughed along with her friends as they filmed the poor boy. One of the girls walked over with a bag of flour and dumped it on his head.

     "Stop it!" Jimin called, running over.

Yejin stood from the seat.

     "What the hell was that?"
     "What was what?" Jimin stood also. Yejin paced around the train quickly. Jimin followed behind her. Yejin turned around, her eyes almost watering, "I did that?"
     "What? What did you do?" Jimin placed his hands on her shoulders, holding her still. They looked each other in the eyes. Speechless, Yejin hugged Jimin tightly.

     "I'm so sorry." Yejin whispered, biting her nail.

     Jungkook's eyes slowly opened up. He shook his head slightly to look at the time. They had left busan pretty late, but they were almost home. The male looked around for his friend and Yejin.
     The two were in the little room where the bathroom was. He walked over, looking through the window.

     "You've been so great to me," Yejin whispered, clutching onto Jimin's denim jacket. Jimin's breathing was shallow, his arms around her waist. Yejin looked up to him, their eyes connecting once again.
     For a second, Jimin urged himself to not move in closer to the female in front of him. His hand moved up to caress her cheek.

     "You guys done? I have to use the bathroom." Jungkook budged in. Yejin pulled away and slid past the two males.

     "What are you doing, Jimin?" Jungkook questioned. Jimin shrugged, "She was sad. I was just comforting her."
     "I saw the way you looked at her. You still love her...don't you?" Jimin sighed heavily, "I stepped back for you for years since the sixth grade. Now that she wants you, you won't take her back; so maybe it's my turn to step in."

What Jimin had said had Jungkook slightly taken aback. He didn't know how to reply for what felt like a minute. He slowly took a deep breath in, "I knew you still loved her." Jungkook scoffed and walked into the bathroom. Jimin sighed softly. In a part of him, he felt somewhat bad, but another part of him knew it was his turn. He was finally letting himself deserve something, to finally know his worth, and that he did not need to hold back any longer.

     Jungkook sat on the toilet, staring at the door of the bathroom. He thought for a little while, but not too long that there could be people waiting outside the stall.

Inside, he knew he wasn't going against Jimin, but more himself. He wants to get close, wants to feel Yejin's touches and be with her every second of every day, but it was his stubbornness and pride that held him back. The wall he built to protect himself was not meant to be torn down by him.

🥀

It was around 1:45 in the morning. Jungkook tossed and turned in his bed, wanting so bad to text the girl who lived down the street from him. Finally, he got himself some courage and grabbed his phone. He slid the screen up, staring at the number he knew he should have deleted so long ago, but couldn't bring his heart to do, no matter what excuse he would try to give himself. Immediately, a text was sent back to him from Yejin. A smile crept up on his face, and they texted all night, talking about the most random thing someone could think of. Their texts to each other made them smile idiotically in the dark.