PARALLEL LOVERS :: 009

"Here, try this. It's my favorite street food ever." Jungkook said, handing Yejin a skewer.
     "Oh, this is good. Yum!" Yejin took the whole skewer down, and she was now after Jungkook's. Before she could get her mouth close enough, he shoved everything on his own. Jimin walked over with two banana drinks in one hand and one strawberry in the other.

     "Strawberry flavor will always be the best." Yejin commented, taking the biggest sip, then a sigh of satisfaction.
     "You haven't tasted perfection, then." Jungkook remarked. Yejin scrunched her nose, then shook her head playfully at Jungkook. The male smiled softly, watching her every feature.

     "Oh, hold on," Yejin said, pulling her phone out. It was Bora.

     "It's Bora." Yejin stepped away a little and answered the call from her best friend.

     "Where are you? I stopped by your place earlier and your mom said you weren't home." Bora questioned, her tone soft with a hint of distress.
     "I'm in Busan. I'm taking a small trip away. What do you need?" On the other line, it was silent. Bora processed in her head that Yejin was hours away.
     "Are you with anyone?" Bora asked.
     "Yeah. I'm with Jimin and Jungkook." There was a pause. Bora had nothing to say about who Yejin was with.

     "Bora, I have to go. I'll see you in school tomorrow." Yejin quickly said. She made a smooch sound and hung up quickly.

     Yejin was back with Jungkook and Jimin. The trio walked down the street. A shop had caught Jimin's attention. He grabbed both the wrist of Jungkook and Yejin and pulled them into the small shop. Inside it was filled with swimwear and everything beach.

     "Since Busan is known for its beaches, let's go swimming." Jimin said, a smirk forming on his face. He was excited, and in his mind, the other two had no choice. They had to go.

🌌

     "That swimsuit looks great on you." Jungkook commented. Yejin looked down at the swimsuit she just bought.
     "Thank you." Yejin smiled. She blushed a little, but she hid it. The two walked alongside each other, trying to catch up to Jimin, who was already down at the beach.

The sounds of the waves crashing against the shore and the wind blowing against their faces was refreshing. A nice break from the city. The skies were beautiful, a perfect light blue with the perfect white clouds accompanying.

    The trio sat at the border where the waves touched the land. Yejin had her feet dipped in the water. She watched as the water came up, covering her feet. Jungkook and Jimin was in the water, having a race.

🌌

     "I don't know what's going on, but Yejin is starting to hang out with those two guys again. What is her problem? Does she not want to be with us anymore?" Bora screeched.
     "Who knows. Yejin was always unpredictable. You know that, Bora." Ara spoke from the other line.
     "I know. But she wouldn't ditch us for those two, right? I mean, they're such...no good bums."
     "Bora, you never really talked to them at all. You have petty reasons why you dislike them so much." Ara said, a sigh following
     "Excuse me?" the sound of almost disgust and the feeling of betrayal coming out of Bora's mouth.
     "I'm just telling you the truth. I'd rather not lie to you. Now I have some chores to finish, so I'll text you later. Goodbye, love you."
     "Love you, too."

🌌

     "Yejin, come in the water with us!" Jimin called. Yejin chuckled, "Maybe later!"

     "You said that thirty minutes ago, c'mon!" Jungkook said. He swam to the shore where she sat. A small smirk formed on his face as he reached his arms out and grabbed her ankles. He pulled her into the water and swam away. Yejin sat up on the sand underwater, yelping. She laughed out and swam after Jungkook, even though the water was freezing to her.