Chapter 1

"Ok guys! Gather around!" Daichi clapped his hands, successfully grabbing the team's attention. One by one, the members gathered around their captain, sitting in the floor and getting comfortable as they listened intently for the news.

"So we all know that we just finished our recent matches and mother's day ended just a few days ago."

The team nodded their heads in understanding, muttering a "yes" here and there.

"Apparently, the principal has given each club a break from their club activities and would want the members to 'Get to know each other' more."

"What? Why?"

"That's sounds kinda..lame?"

"This is stupid."

"I agree with Tsukki."

The captain sighed, knowing that his rambunctious team was going to give a negative impression of this activity. Though no matter what, they are students and have to abide with the school's rules no matter what.

"Look I know it all seems boring but we also need to strengthen our ties through other ways, not just through cheering and practicing. This will help us have a better connection with each other and, hey, perhaps help us play better in the future!"

Despite giving an actual reasonable advice, he only received groans from his team, which of course irritated him. The vice captain noticed it right away and quickly lightened the mood up."

"I think it's a great idea! I mean, who knows~? We might be able to learn a secret from one another, don't you think?"

"Alright, let's give it a shot!"

"Hell yeah! I'mma prepare my questions for all of you!"

"You're all excited just because Sugawara-san made it into a gossiping material."

"Tsukki is right!"

Daichi cleared his throat, silently giving Suga a thanks through a glance, his bestfriend giving him a thumbs up in return.

"Alright, once a week, we will receive a paper filled with questions. We can ask each other with different topics here and there. It will last only for two months according to the principal."

After the announcement, Daichi then ordered for the team to form a little circle, Takeda and Ukai watching over them closely while discussing something else.

"Ok, we'll start with Suga then it will end at Kageyama."

And so the mini Q&A began. They passed the sheet of paper, not caring about the other questions that will be answered later. They actually had a lot of fun than they expected. Sometimes, they would insert their own little stories that was related to the question and had a good laugh, some salty remarks from Tsukishima here and there but it was all good nonetheless.

All except for Kageyama. The rules was written in the paper and if the question was too personal for the student, they are given full permission to skip it. Unfortunately for the teen, the questions were all related about mothers and mother's day. He had skipped far too many questions to the point were he started getting conscious of his team's side glances everytime he would mutter "I'll pass."

What he didn't noticed was the fact there was a limit to how many questions he can skip.

Sure, he can lie about Kayaka being his actual mom, but he felt like he was betraying his biological one, not to mention that he doesn't even call Kayaka that from the start.

"Shit." He thought, his heart drumming everytime the paper was passed and got closer to his direction.

"I only lied about my parents being busy and going on business trips all the time but I didn't expect that karma would hit that fucking hard!"