Chapter 4

"She committed suicide."

The gym went dead silent, the only thing you can hear clearly was Kageyama's sniffling and their breaths. Each member looked at each other then back at the younger setter and nodded their heads. One by one, they surrounded the first year with a comforting group hug. No words were said, just their actions. The raven head never realized it until now on how lucky he was to have such a caring and loving team, he was a bit surprised when a particular blonde joined in but he could care less about that.

After another long silence, they pulled apart, Daichi wiping away Kageyama's tears while Suga got him tissues. Tanaka and Nishinoya complimenting him how strong he was when he went through all of the events, Hinata joining in. Asahi placed a gentle hand on his head while Ukai patted his back with a grin, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi standing with a smile on their faces while the others sat in front of Kageyama, offering their own wise words.

"Thank you.." He whispered, earning even more smiles and a series of "Don't mind."

"Uhm..if it isn't troubling for you guys..can I ask one more favor?" The team looked at him before glancing at Ukai, the coach nodding his head and returning his gaze back at Kageyama.

"Your wish is our command, King." Tsukishima remarked, although this time there wasn't any hint of hostility nor any sign of sarcasm. Kageyama rolled his eyes, playfully.

"Uhm..next week Saturday, it's my mom's birthday, can..can you come with me and pay her a visit? And my guardian will be hosting a big dinner, so if you guys are free..." He bit his lip, wondering if he asked too much. His team already did so much for him and yet he's asking for more. He can't help but think he was being a bit too selfish--

"Of course we'll come!"

"At what time are we gonna go there?"

"A big dinner? Yeah, free food!"

"Fine by me as long as we stay out of trouble."

Their reactions caught him off guard, he was ready for a negative response but not a positive one, even though that was the answer he was hoping for.

"I don't think that's a favor Kags, that's more like an invitation." Suga laughed, squatting down and ruffling his hair.

"Can I bring Anzu though? If she would accept that is."

"You mean your giiirllfriieenndd~~?"

"Tanaka, Nishinoya, cut it out already."

"Yes, my girlfriend." Sugawara sighed and shook his head, smiling back at Kageyama.

"Of course she's allowed! The more the merrier." The elder hugged the first year, giving him a good squeeze before letting him go while laughing. Ukai looked at the team, a warm feeling emerging from his chest.

"They came from a long way, huh."

"Coach Ukai?" The fake blonde snapped out of his thoughts, not realizing Kageyama was already standing in front of him.

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Are you coming? I mean, to my mom's birthday."

"Oh..you'll let me?"

"Of course! You've worked hard yourself so I was wondering if you minded for taking a day off from work."

The elder ruffled his hair, a sign that he accepted the invitation. In Kageyama's eyes, it looks like his life is getting much better than he expected.

Time skip~(A week later, Saturday)

"Ok guys, is everyone ready?" Daichi yelled. A series of "yes" was heard right after.