Chapter 27: An idol's fight

It was Takuto's turn. "I stand and draw. Ride, Knight of Superior skills Beaumains. I call Knight of Passion Badgemagus. Beaumains attack your Vanguard! Drive check... Critical trigger. Power to Badgemagus and Critical stays with me." Is he a devil? Pulling triggers that easily?

"Badgemagus attacks." "I guard! Fever Therapy Nurse!" Finally its my turn! "I stand and draw. I'll show you the power of the angels! I ride! Prophecy Celestial, Ramiel! Raguel takes aim." "Falcon Knight of the azure, protect me!" "Now my Vanguard! Twin drive check... Heal trigger! All effects to my Vanguard! I recover one damage. Turn end."

As Takuto started his turn, his aura got stronger. "Warrior of Incandecant flames, bring judgment onto this battlefield, my avatar! I ride! Incandescent lion, Blond Ezel! I call the Disciple of Pain. Using his skill. I counterblast and add one card to my damage zone. Break through the limits!

Ezel's Limit Break! Superior call, Knight of Far Arrows, Saphir! When he's Superior Called from the deck, his skill activates. I unflip one card from the damage zone and Soulcharge." His Vanguard will be at twenty one thousand power on its own while attacking, plus Caria's boost, it'll be at twenty six thousand power. That'll be trouble, but with a ten thousand base, he's going to have to guard more next turn.

"I'm not done yet. I call Flash Edge Valkyrie. Boosted by Caria, Ezel attacks!" Takuto said. The blond warrior jumped towards Ramiel, blades gleaming menacingly. "I don't guard." He didn't pull any triggers. "Caria's ability. I move her to the Soul. Superior Call! Little Battler Tron and Blade Feather Valkyrie. Boosted by Disciple of Pain, Saphir attacks!" I didn't guard. "Damage check... Draw trigger! Five thousand power to my Vanguard and I draw." "Turn end."

"My turn! I draw. When things seem dark, and you can't see the way out, a light will shone through. Forgiving Celestial Ramiel " Pluto"! Super Cute Crossbreak Ride! I call Sariel and use her ability. Now with Ramiel" Jupiter"'s Limit Break!"

"My Vanguard attacks you!"

"No guard."

"Twin drive... Critical trigger." Am I lucky or am I lucky huh?

"Draw trigger!" Say what?

Time skip...

Takuto drew a card from his deck. I can't believe he live through my turn? How did he do that? Suddenly, a blood red aura surrounded him. "You will bow down before me! I Crossride! Purgatory Lion, Dark Ezel " Reverse"!" I gasped in surprise. "What happened Takuto?" I asked him.

"Takuto's gone. Only I remain." The white haired figure said. Oh no. Please don't tell me he's Reversed. Maybe he's been that way all along. "Seek mate! Even in the darkness, you stand by the lion's side, Legion! Great Silver Wolf Garmore! Legion skill. I lock two of my rearguards. Tron and Saphir. Now I return all my rearguards to the deck along with the cards in my drop zone. I choose three new units, call them straight from the deck and give them the locked units power. Dark Ezel also gains the locked unit's power."

No. This can't be happening! Why did he... What'll happen to my memories? And Kourin's and Suiko's memories? "Do you think that that matters Rekka? Are you sure that's what you want. I can return all of them now if that's so. But maybe you're better off without them." I hear Takuto's voice in my mind.

"Is that why you kept them? Be cause you thought that we would be better off without them? If so then... Your..." I couldn't finish the sentence.

"Dark Ezel attacks your Vanguard." I looked at my hand. "Its nullified." "Twin drive check... Heal trigger. Power to Blade Feather. Blade Feather attacks your Vanguard!" "Nociel and Critical Hit Angel. Plus Sariel's intercept!"

I panted. "Turn end." Tron and Saphir were released. I had no cards in hand, a hole in my front row, and five damages. Why am I even fighting? My memories are as good as gone after this. Wait... Why do I care. I'm here to fight the Void. Because I want to. Not because I want my memories back. So it shouldn't matter. I'm here to fight my best, so giving up, isn't an option.

For the first time, I felt free and powerful. Not the pop idol Rekka,or the girl-who-is-clueless-about-her-history Rekka. Just the fighter Rekka. "I draw. Seek mate! Legion! Prophecy Celestial, Ramiel!" "Ultimate Break! All cards in the damage zone go into my hand. Choosing five new cards to replace them. This is the true power of the angels! Final Feather Dance!"

Another time skip...

"I win!" I cheered happily. "I got to see you again Rekka. Thank you for the chance." Takuto said as he disappeared.

"Bye..." I whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey. Yay! New update! Any way. I may be updating my other story sometimes, but not as often as this. Please go read my other story (see the end of the previous chapter) and vote okay?

Bye!