16

While Tony falls into a fitful sleep, Peter stands a few blocks away atop an apartment complex, looking over the city, and talking to Karen.

• Peter •

"Have anything yet, Karen?"

"No Peter. Although it is unusual, as crime rates have increased by ten percent since your leave. I will, however, keep you updated." Karen answers.

"Alright thanks. But man, it's great to be back out here."

"I would have to agree. Although Mr. Stark does worry when you're gone."

I sigh, sitting down on the edge of the building. "I know, but there's only so much he can do from the house."

"I would disagree, Peter. Mr. Stark has installed protocols into my programming, alerting him of any changes involving you health." She chimes.

I laugh, shaking my head. "Honestly, I'm not surprised."

I continued to look over the city, wondering about Tony. I will admit, a part of me feels guilty, leaving him by himself when he worries like that.

"Is something on your mind Peter?" Karen asks softly.

"Uh- well... yeah." I sigh. "I feel guilty, leaving Tony at the house, while I'm out here. I've missed this so much, and I was excited for things to get back to normal. I need to be out here for the people. Ya know, friendly neighborhood Spider-Man and all..." I mumbled. "But he's struggling with his anxiety attacks... it feels selfish to be here."

"While I do not know much of these feelings, I do think that Mr. Stark would have said something if he preferred you to stay home, no?" She asked.

I shook my head. "No. That's just it. He would do anything for me. Even walk through a fire if I asked him too. Without any complaint, he wouldn't hesitate..."

"I would say he loves you Peter."

I smile. "I know he does."

"I'm sorry Peter, but it sounds to me that he does what he does for you because he loves you. So why are you hurting because of it?"

I chew my lip, thinking of a decent answer for her. "Because he puts me before himself. Which is something that makes him an amazing person." I explain. "But he can't control his attacks, and although he's getting better it's still hard. I need to be there for him."

"Then are you calling it any early night?"

I nod, standing on the roof now. "Yeah, there's nothing happening. And I've had enough fun for one night."

"And thank you, Karen... For talking to me."

"Of course Peter. I'm always happy to assist." She says cheerfully.

And with that, I leap off of the roof, catching a little ways above the ground. Pulling myself back into the darkness of the night sky.

"I'm sorry Peter, but you won't be going home just yet. At 54th and Caper. A robbery inside the gas station, two blocks left or your current location."

"Got it!" I shout over the rush of the wind, changing direction and swinging on.

As I arrive to the station, I feel more anxious, worried I may be slightly rusty. But as I bust through the doors, all of it fades away as I notice the two hostages trapped behind the counter.

"Peter, that man is armed." Karen informs.

I waste no time webbing the man's hand, pulling him towards the ground quickly. His head hits the ground hard enough to knock him unconscious.