22

Peter's lungs burned by the time he reached the bathroom. Bear followed him in and he locked the door. Resting his arms on his head, and sucking in deep breaths, he was able to steady himself.

He sank to the floor, and cried into Bear's fur. He felt like an asshole. All Tony asked, was for him to let him know. It wouldn't have been hard. And Peter felt even worse because he knew he wouldn't want Tony to do that to him. Yet, that part of his brain that didn't want Tony to worry, had taken over. And look how that ended up.

"He's ri-right. It was stupid." He cried.

Bear whimpered, licking the tears off Peter's face. "I didn't want him to worry about me... and I made it so much worse for him..."

Peter cried harder thinking of the way Tony looked when he found him. "I'm s-sorry..." He whispered to the thin air.

He laid on the floor, holding Bear and let himself cry. He let himself be weak in that moment. All of the stress, fear, anger, sadness, any of it, all coming out after being built up for so long. Peter cried for what felt like hours, until eventually, he fell asleep.

Tony sat outside the bathroom door, listening to Peter's sobs. His heart seized with guilt. How could he have acted such a way to Peter. What he did wasn't enough to warrant a response like that. Peter hadn't even done anything wrong. Tony let his fear get the best of him again.

Tears pooled in his eyes as he listened to Peter's sobs die down. He was sure his sadness wasn't just about this incident. And now he didn't want to see Tony.

Listening to Peter cry himself to sleep, tore him to shreds. He regretted the words he said and the way he acted.

"I'm so sorry Peter."

• Tony •

I woke up a bit disoriented. I didn't remember falling asleep, and I have a pillow under my head with a blanket over the top of me. I sigh standing up, and putting the two back on the bed. Even though I was an ass, he still took care of me. I shouldn't be surprised, it's just who he is. Another reason I love him.

The clock read three am, and I glanced at the bathroom, seeing it was open, and Peter and Bear were no longer inside. I frowned noticing he wasn't in bed.

I went to look into his old room, and he wasn't there either. Nerves bit at my body, but I pushed them down. I headed to the living room, to my relief, finding both Peter and Bear snuggling each other, asleep on the couch. I smiled at the sight.

I walk towards them, and I notice Bear's ear flop to the side. He grumbles at me, and huffs when I get close. He must be upset with me too.

"I'm sorry Bear. I didn't mean to make you upset too." I whisper, petting his ears. He touches his nose to my cheek, and I take that as his forgiveness. "Thanks bug."

"Alright, bed time. Let's go."

I lift Peter off the couch, the blanket falling off him. He sighs, tucking his face into my chest. I smile, noticing he's wrapped up in my sweatshirt. He is absolutely perfect...

I lay him in the bed, and Bear follows him up there. Tucking them both in, I kiss Peters forehead, and I notice a small smile on his face.

"Goodnight Pete. I love you." I whisper, grabbing a pillow from my side of the bed, and walking back to the living room.

"I deserve a night out here..."